·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this article is correct!

Bobp16

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/11/20/1069027244804.html

Key comments from the article:

The first shipment of 450 new GTOs arrived at a port near San Francisco last week and Pontiac expects the cars, based on Holden's Monaro, to be in Pontiac dealerships as early as next week and in the hands of eager Americans hours later.

Pontiac spokesman Jim Hopson said "several hundred" Americans had bought the GTOs "sight unseen".

"People know the quality of vehicle that Holden builds in Australia so they've just bought it straight off the bat," Hopson told AAP.

After test driving the GTO on California's freeways and hills, three top US newspaper critics gave the 5.7 litre fuel injected V8 the thumbs up.

"The 2004 GTO is the real deal," Mark Phelan, columnist at the Detroit Free Press, wrote.

The Los Angeles Times' Dan Neil wrote: "And, oh yeah, it's a hot car."

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tails.......

Now I wish I lived in California instead of Rochester, NY........I'd get my car sooner!

Bobp16 :cool:

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
I'm moving to the west coast so I can get my GTO soon. Then I'll move back to the mountains of New Mexico. :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
That is the best news yet!

Looks like I need to de-mod the GTP sooner than I thought and get it on the market.....now where in my garage is that stock airbox!

Can't do anything about the smaller pulley on the supercharger....

work, work, work...

·
Registered
133 Posts
OMG I THINK I JUST JIZZED MY PANTS!!! THIS WAITING IS KILLING ME>>>>!!!!! 3 more days please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts