LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
IRESQWOLFDOGS
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coat no. 20 went on today, nice day here in N.VA.

now, keep in mind....this car has only 8100 miles on it. its only been in the rain 3 times...and only for a short time, i was scooting home to miss it.... its only been washed 4 times, once when i took delivery (i did the washing and new car make ready myself) and the other three times it was washed after being in the rain. the rest of the time... a carefull Calif. duster and z6 or z8 Grand finale spray..and concurs micro fiber towels. so most of the coats are still on the car...

the last pic is to show you how swirl free it is.....direct sunlight...

anyway... just loving the car and throwing up the pics..got to drive it two days this weekend....loving every min of it....

detail:

·
IRESQWOLFDOGS
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1000devils said:
your gonna cause recks with that shine......looks great
thanks..

i forgot to mention, she's 18 months old......... :drink:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Looks awesome! The finish on that car is simply amazing.

It would have been a perfect day to finish the detail I've got going on the '69 Camaro, but I had to work. :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't mean to jump your thread, but I Zainoed for the first time today and I'm very pleased with the results!

I've tried probably 15 or 20 different products over the last 2 years, and I'm a believer now.

Can't wait to see what mine looks like at coat # 20!

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts

·
Can't... stop... modding...
929 Posts
Lookin' good, Ken! You're much nicer to your GTO than I am!!!

·
High Tech Redneck
328 Posts
Ok, I dont wanna be the jerk, but theres about a millimeter by millimeter sized smudge on the side fe....oh, nevermind, spec on my screen! :drink: :gr_jest:

The paint will actually rub off eventually, yes? :pimp:

·
Cuda
20 Posts
Z 5 pro or Z2 ?. I'm liking the new Z5 pro and may not use Z-2 again with the nice lack of swirls with the new stuff, Anywho looks great, that hood shot is deep. I love black.

·
IRESQWOLFDOGS
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cuda said:
Z 5 pro or Z2 ?. I'm liking the new Z5 pro and may not use Z-2 again with the nice lack of swirls with the new stuff, Anywho looks great, that hood shot is deep. I love black.
1/2 5 to 1/2 2......... ;) half bottle, 4 drops of zfx ;)

·
IRESQWOLFDOGS
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
wolfdogs said:
peanut butter on the bananna?.............mmmmmmmmmmmmm

LOL

looks good man
:gr_jest: thanks.....10 coats will do it for me :drink: 4 more to go

·
IRESQWOLFDOGS
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
speeddemon said:
:gr_jest: thanks.....10 coats will do it for me :drink: 4 more to go
it'll get "wetter" looking as you layer... sweet color man.... very sweet.

·
NJ GOAT
745 Posts
Wolf, nice job. You keep your car looking phenominal. What a good owner you are.

·
IRESQWOLFDOGS
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks again guys..... truth of the matter is, anyone can do this... just takes time...and alot of folks realy dont have the time or want to take it to do it, for good reasons too........ heck, i was the same way years ago....although i've always been into detailing, just never this.....anal......... and of course, not having to drive it as an everyday driver is a plus....... bottom line is these are great cars, and they can realy stand out.....and the majority of the owners on this forum care and take good care of thier cars..... why? cause we are all proud to own the new gto.....and rightfully so. its says alot about us as a person too........ some prefer heavy mods, some prefer detailing, some do both.......the result is still the same, gr8 folks and gr8 cars ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
wolfdogs said:
thanks again guys..... truth of the matter is, anyone can do this... just takes time...and alot of folks realy dont have the time or want to take it to do it, for good reasons too........

Very true. Two of my friends from work were extremely impressed with the results of the GTO when I did ours. They do not have the time or the inclination to do their cars so they're paying me to do it for them. :) At least one of the lawyers I work for would hire me to do his car too if I didn't live so far away from him. I actually really like doing this, there is so much personal satisfaction in the finished product.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts