LS1GTO.com Forums banner

401 - 405 of 405 Posts

·
Hell pecker yeah
7,147 Posts
I say go for it! You want to do it. I have projects in mind that no one else thinks is great idea. If it's my time and money I'm gonna do it.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
I say go for it! You want to do it. I have projects in mind that no one else thinks is great idea. If it's my time and money I'm gonna do it.
I fully intend to.

If I didn't do things because people told me it wasn't a good idea, then this Impala wouldn't have been built.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,469 Posts
I want to make a 302 and see what I can do with it.
I had a feeling. it'll be interesting regardless. If I was to get the shop space one day I would be working on a 72-3 Riv.

Followon - did iyou keep a sheet on how much you spent for the impala build - parts, tools etc. then seperate out the tools as they would be re-used. I ask because I know a few people that have done that and it's always an interesting discussion that ends with. you're better off not knowing.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
I had a feeling. it'll be interesting regardless. If I was to get the shop space one day I would be working on a 72-3 Riv.

Followon - did iyou keep a sheet on how much you spent for the impala build - parts, tools etc. then seperate out the tools as they would be re-used. I ask because I know a few people that have done that and it's always an interesting discussion that ends with. you're better off not knowing.
When we started the project, my dad began keeping a tally. I killed that quick and told him the number one rule with any vehicle project is "Never add everything up."

·
Registered
776 Posts
That’s kinda scary but true. I’m always cognizant of dollars in to dollars return-able but sometimes it doesn’t make sense to track dollars when there’s some sentimental Or other type of tie to the project.
At the end of the day everyone’s value of the dollar is different

401 - 405 of 405 Posts