LS1GTO.com Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Tailgating nearby
275 Posts
they are done
Probably, ESPiN has the Phils as a 0.2% chance of the playoffs.

The Bravos, on the other hand, are at 99.9%! :D

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings

Not trying to rub salt in the would; you guys should cheer for the Braves... just sayin' go NL EAST!

Funny, where I grew up there was a different 'Beast of the East'. Although, the lyrics on this video are smurfing hilarious if you can make them out! :D

Time to Knock(another)Homa!

·
Duck and Cover
473 Posts
Time for Charlie to buy some new fishing gear. He's a great baseball old timer who had a good run. Who knows, maybe Sandberg will be the next Terry Francona.

·
Thinkin' of a master plan
909 Posts
It was only a matter of time till another team steped up in the East. Phillies have been beating it up since 07.
The Braves won 11 in a row from the mid 90's to 05. The Phils won 5 in a row. :D

It's gonna suck when the Phils new regional TV deal hits, because the revenue they get from that will make them a big $$ team like the Yanks, RedSox, and Dodgers. :(

It'll be interesting to see what route they go with guys getting older (Howard, Utley, Rollins, Halladay etc). I was shocked to see the extension for Utley and that they didn't bolster their farm system and jettison some older $$ guys. Brown's a monster, and if they truly do become a player on the Jose Dariel Abreu kid (who recently defected and crushed it in the WBC), they'll be scary. I'd get what they could for Howard now and stick Abreu at first.

·
Come get some!
110 Posts
Charlie hired him early in the season (maybe before the season started).
I figured he'd stay a Cubbie. He was managing their top farm team and probably thought he'd get the Cubs slot. They gave it to someone else in 2010 and he then left the organization. The guy they hired lasted about one year.

Anyone else remember that he started as a Phillie?

·
Registered
214 Posts
You know you're season is over when Michael Martinez is batting leadoff.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts