LS1GTO.com Forums banner

16741 - 16760 of 16777 Posts

·
No More GTO
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,741
Does anyone have any new toys or modifications to existing rides? Nothing for me, just curious what you guys have been up to. I did have the Colorado and Mustang ceramic coated. May do the Corvette later in the year.

·
2006 GTO BOM - 1 of 171
176 Posts
Does anyone have any new toys or modifications to existing rides? Nothing for me, just curious what you guys have been up to. I did have the Colorado and Mustang ceramic coated. May do the Corvette later in the year.
Mike, I ordered the "Hood lift supports" from GTOG8TA you sent me earlier for my '06. :)

·
No More GTO
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,743
Just trying to keep the thread from falling off the Southeast section.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good shop in the Baton Rouge area or within close driving distance? I used Futral the last go round but they never answer the damn phone.

·
Registered
81 Posts
So futral, zimmer, asylum, tuned by norm, and wizard motorsports said they are not willing to work on the gto rear diff. I have just under $2000 in parts to put in and nobody willing to touch it...

·
Registered
19 Posts
So futral, zimmer, asylum, tuned by norm, and wizard motorsports said they are not willing to work on the gto rear diff. I have just under $2000 in parts to put in and nobody willing to touch it...
really? I'm kinda shocked. are you on LSR (Louisiana street racers) on Facebook? put a post on there....someone would definitely know who would.

·
Registered
81 Posts
really? I'm kinda shocked. are you on LSR (Louisiana street racers) on Facebook? put a post on there....someone would definitely know who would.
You're telling me! I was almost to the point of thinking I was going to have to drive to Texas to get it done but I did call a place in Lafayette called A-Abal Transmission and Differential that said they were willing to work on it. I will get on fb and try Louisiana Street Racers also.

·
No More GTO
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,754
You can try Blanchard Performance Engineering. I think Darren has a Facebook page. However, this is a side business (his "day" job is as the service director for the Ross Downing dealerships) so I'm not sure what kind of wait time you'd be looking at. Darren does great work.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well I found a place here in Baton Rouge called CCM (Competition Classics and Muscle) and talked to Dennis who seemed very knowledgeable. So we shall see how it turns out this week.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
There is a reason no one wants to mess with the gto diff. It doesn't seem to be a complicated diff. It needs the right parts, and specs to get it done right. Many off the shelf parts just do not end up fitting just right. This where the problems start coming in. Keep in mind where diff issues were happening during warranty... GM would just do whole diff swaps and never attempted to rebuild them....it was easier and didn't have to stock parts from aussie.

With that said. I got someone from Cali to build mine. Spent way more then I wanted but 4 or so years later/60k mine is going strong. No noise, no leaks.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
There is a reason no one wants to mess with the gto diff. It doesn't seem to be a complicated diff. It needs the right parts, and specs to get it done right. Many off the shelf parts just do not end up fitting just right. This where the problems start coming in. Keep in mind where diff issues were happening during warranty... GM would just do whole diff swaps and never attempted to rebuild them....it was easier and didn't have to stock parts from aussie.

With that said. I got someone from Cali to build mine. Spent way more then I wanted but 4 or so years later/60k mine is going strong. No noise, no leaks.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
I could have sent it off to a number of places but I didn't want my car sitting at my house on blocks waiting for my diff to be driven across the country and back. The problem isn't that it needs special parts, I had all the necessary parts, the problem is that all the shops only wanted to work on whats easy, common, what they're used to. I wanted someone local where I know where my stuff is at all times and if I have problems I'm not calling to bfe to hope he makes things right, I can drive over and talk face to face.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
I still have my factory diff that I blew if it would help having another housing to work with. Still has everything in it. I ended up buying a whole new one from aussie.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dennis at CCM in Baton Rouge did a fantastic job on the diff, took a little while as he had to make multiple adjustments but I couldn't be happier with his effort and the performance of the 3.70's and trutrac. I highly suggest him to anyone wanting to upgrade theirs and are having trouble finding people willing to work on something they're not used to.

16741 - 16760 of 16777 Posts