LS1GTO Forums banner

16761 - 16777 of 16777 Posts

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Dennis at CCM in Baton Rouge did a fantastic job on the diff, took a little while as he had to make multiple adjustments but I couldn't be happier with his effort and the performance of the 3.70's and trutrac. I highly suggest him to anyone wanting to upgrade theirs and are having trouble finding people willing to work on something they're not used to.
I had the Eaton trutrac in mine and loved it. It locks much harder and quicker than the factory limited slip.

·
No More GTO
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,762
I had the Eaton trutrac in mine and loved it. It locks much harder and quicker than the factory limited slip.
Look at this guy! Blast from the past.

·
No More GTO
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,763
Just passing through. Anyone still around?

·
No More GTO
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,765
Yea. You wouldn’t by chance know if a blue g8 around denham? I “think” he has 20” camaro wheels on it and its pretty loud.
I can't say I've seen it. I pretty much never venture north of 190/Florida so unless it's in the "south" Denham area, I've probably not run across it.

·
Ragin Cajun
1,096 Posts
Howdy! Still Alive. And still have the Goat. Got a new toy to play with, 1980 1 ton Single cab dually I picked up from Roberts. Fire department in Ponchatoula bought it in 1980 brand new and it has only 30,800 miles on it. Got some minor work to do on it, but going to be my daily by next summer. Plans are to lower it 4" and keep it raw...Cherry Bombs to set off car alarms as I drive by!!

This place really fell out to the stratosphere! Plans are to do a few runs next year with my son, then I'm selling the Goat because I've had my fun with it. Heck, It only has less than 48k on it. Still runs like a champ.

·
Along for the ride....
168 Posts
We gotta do something before you sell it. I need the rear spoiler!!

·
Ragin Cajun
1,096 Posts

·
No More GTO
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,770
I drop in every now and then. Usually when things get slow at work. How's everything going?
Well, as you can see there's not much of anything going on in the old GTO crew. I've been at the Essen office and ironically there was a time when there were four of us old timers in the same office (Mitch, Kory and Justin in addition to myself). Kory, Mitch and I are still there. Though Kory is the only one who still owns a GTO. Justin still has his 06 QSM, but he's since gone to our Metairie office. I'm still working XOM projects (currently working East Coker slide valve project :bomb:).

I know where my old GTO is and I have an understanding that I have first rights of refusal if the current owner decides to sell. I talk to him just about every time I'm at the dealership (either with the Colorado or C7).

I still keep in touch with Dennis and Peter outside of the forums so we still try to do a run at least once a year.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
I'd love to have an SS. Of course they had to quit making the things like all the other good cars. Next time ya'll go to Middendorf's I'll just take the boat. Good to see some of the group still getting together.

I'm sorry to hear about the coker project. That whole unit annoys the crap out of me and I don't even work in it.

05YJ - if you need a spoiler, my QSM is chillin in the attic. along with a ton of random parts.

·
Premium Member
3,957 Posts
I'd love to have an SS. Of course they had to quit making the things like all the other good cars. Next time ya'll go to Middendorf's I'll just take the boat. Good to see some of the group still getting together.

I'm sorry to hear about the coker project. That whole unit annoys the crap out of me and I don't even work in it.

05YJ - if you need a spoiler, my QSM is chillin in the attic. along with a ton of random parts.
Parts? what parts????

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can anyone suggest a shop to build up my 4l65e in the Baton Rouge area? Looking to be between 500-600 hp so it doesn’t need to be too crazy just go through and upgrade the common problem areas.

·
No More GTO
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,777
So apparently "my" old GTO is on the market. I'd consider buying it back, but the asking price is way too high. I believe it is on the book of faces (I am not on that platform, but others have shared the for sale ad).

16761 - 16777 of 16777 Posts