Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And this is the Smurfing forecast!!!
Rain / Thunder
High
69° F
Precip: 80%
A steady light rain early. Showers with perhaps a rumble of thunder developing in the afternoon. High 69F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.

·
Xterminator
1,595 Posts
It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Last year was worse as far as rain accumulation. However, there were still at least 5 delays due to what the track called a "light spritz" which made for a very long day and made my 2 1/2 hour drive home even longer after getting up at 4am to make it to the track for the filming of NHRA raceday. All in all though, a great day. Just disappointed I missed the finals because we had to hit the road around 7pm. I was pulling for Jack Beckman all day and am very happy he won the event.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Last year was worse as far as rain accumulation. However, there were still at least 5 delays due to what the track called a "light spritz" which made for a very long day and made my 2 1/2 hour drive home even longer after getting up at 4am to make it to the track for the filming of NHRA raceday. All in all though, a great day. Just disappointed I missed the finals because we had to hit the road around 7pm. I was pulling for Jack Beckman all day and am very happy he won the event.
We left at 9 P.m because we were wanting to see The pro stock final, but we were glad we left because it was a next day delay. I am sad A.Force didn't win this year. Too bad it only rained enough to piss you off.

·
Xterminator
1,595 Posts
We left at 9 P.m because we were wanting to see The pro stock final, but we were glad we left because it was a next day delay. I am sad A.Force didn't win this year. Too bad it only rained enough to piss you off.
Did you drive a black 2004 to the track? I saw one parked about 3 spots away from me when I left.

·
Xterminator
1,595 Posts
no We drove a silver 04(we get preferred parking every year)
i'm tagging along with you next year then!!!

I've been in section A for the last 2 years and don't think I'll get those seats ever again. In Gainesville this year, EVERYONE stayed seated so we all got a good view of the entire track. Atlanta fans suck. They stand the whole time and lean forward so unless you're on the first or last row, you can pretty much forget about seeing any action past 300-500 feet. We moved way down to the finish line around 5pm. Much more enjoyable down there.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm tagging along with you next year then!!!

I've been in section A for the last 2 years and don't think I'll get those seats ever again. In Gainesville this year, EVERYONE stayed seated so we all got a good view of the entire track. Atlanta fans suck. They stand the whole time and lean forward so unless you're on the first or last row, you can pretty much forget about seeing any action past 300-500 feet. We moved way down to the finish line around 5pm. Much more enjoyable down there.
we used to have c section seats, but we got lucky and got section f(330 feet marker) front row and we can sit the whole time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts