LS1GTO.com Forums banner

20761 - 20780 of 20780 Posts

·
450+rwhp club :D
2,840 Posts
See... That's the problem. Really good aftermarket seats are often less.

Still, the Comp seats are a fantastic upgrade.
I thought about going aftermarket, but really wanted the ventilation. And I wouldn't have been happy with aftermarket unless they were carbon fiber backed, which is $$$$.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Braum seats are the jam, but yeah - it'd be nice to have scrotum coolers.

Wondering will the c7 seats fit in our cars 2 and 3 lt's have the heated/cooled seats...hmmmm

I've seen them for sale a few times in the 2k range complete..

·
Must go faster...
1,568 Posts
So I had about 20 minutes to get it roughed in on the dyno before loading it up on a trailer for it's maiden voyage a few weekends ago. Having never even driven the car on the street afterwards with the blower/glide I had no idea how it was going to behave or anything on it's first pass so I just softly rolled into it and I'll be damned if it didn't run an 8 right off the trailer. Actually this was the first 1/4 mile pass for both Joe and I with the new combos so make that two 8 second passes right of the trailer. Then I found the blower belt was rubbing the water pump under sustained load so I didn't want to risk wrapping the belt up on an electrical harness or something if it broke so that was that for the night. Already put the electric water pump back on since it has tons of clearance. We originally removed the electric water pump and switched it back to mechanical because the bolts that held on the snout pulley backed out from the vibration, turns out Meziere only used teflon tape on the bolts instead of using loctite so we re-did that and will give it another go. If this soft first pass is where it begins I can't wait to see where it will end up.

·
2,840 Posts
So I had about 20 minutes to get it roughed in on the dyno before loading it up on a trailer for it's maiden voyage a few weekends ago. Having never even driven the car on the street afterwards with the blower/glide I had no idea how it was going to behave or anything on it's first pass so I just softly rolled into it and I'll be damned if it didn't run an 8 right off the trailer. Actually this was the first 1/4 mile pass for both Joe and I with the new combos so make that two 8 second passes right of the trailer. Then I found the blower belt was rubbing the water pump under sustained load so I didn't want to risk wrapping the belt up on an electrical harness or something if it broke so that was that for the night. Already put the electric water pump back on since it has tons of clearance. We originally removed the electric water pump and switched it back to mechanical because the bolts that held on the snout pulley backed out from the vibration, turns out Meziere only used teflon tape on the bolts instead of using loctite so we re-did that and will give it another go. If this soft first pass is where it begins I can't wait to see where it will end up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUVb2MsGvG0
Dang, thats scootin. You've got quite the collection of badass rides.

·
Registered
177 Posts
IMG_7265.jpg View attachment 491627 Sold the GTO a few weeks ago and just picked up its replacement last Saturday. It's a 2012 Corvette Grand Sport Centennial. Only 13k miles, 408ci iron block, YSI, akrapovic, etc etc. Couldn't be happier with it as the car is in perfect condition and just a blast to drive.

·
2,840 Posts

·
Slow Goat
244 Posts
View attachment 491623 View attachment 491627 Sold the GTO a few weeks ago and just picked up its replacement last Saturday. It's a 2012 Corvette Grand Sport Centennial. Only 13k miles, 408ci iron block, YSI, akrapovic, etc etc. Couldn't be happier with it as the car is in perfect condition and just a blast to drive.
Very nice! I see you have the same license plate. I got a c6 last april.

·
Must go faster...
1,568 Posts
We had a private track rental a few weekends ago so I could actually do some test and tune on the new combo. The video shows just a couple of the passes but being the first time out with the car where I could play with a few things and make some changes I would say it was a success. First pass in the video was done on 7 cylinders! Long story but a coil pack wasn't getting power at all, fixed the issue but go figure with more power I just spun the rest of the day. Need to tighten up the converter a bit from the looks of it but I'll take an 8.49 on 7 cylinders and 169 mph on all 8 spinning through 1st gear any day of the week.

427ci / F-1X / glide

·
lol
15,310 Posts
2 races into the 2019 AutoCross season. Car is still hilariously overpowered for this but god damn is it fun.

·
2,840 Posts
So the c6 zr1 exhaust is 3" all the way back to the mufflers, and then for some reason it necks down to less than 2.5" as it goes through the mufflers. Some guys have done a 3" bypass pipe and npp valves to allow 3" the whole way. I decided to tackle this project myself, with a few minor changes I wanted to try, including installing a small bullet resonator inside the muffler can and 4" tips. This was a ton of work, and I still have some slight adjusting to do to make everything line up perfectly, but overall I'm pretty happy.

Started with stock zr1 mufflers and my new HF welder. Feel free to talk shit about my welds if you can prove you can do better. I know they suck, but for a beginner they are good enough for work that can't be seen under the car.

Cut off existing tips and valves. You can see how small the stock stuff is, less than 2.5"!

3" Bypass pipe with bullet welded up.

3" Bypass pipe installed back in muffler can. Had to clearance the other pipes a bit.

One muffler had the baffles blown out, so had quite a bit of scabbing back together to do.

·
2,840 Posts
Everything welded up.

Painted with high temp bbq paint.

Installed on the car.

And here are a couple cell phone vids. Its probably 10% deeper than stock zr1 mufflers, and 30% louder. So on a H/C 750whp car it's racecar loud. Still has a bit of that tin can sound of the stock mufflers that I was hoping to get rid of. Still nice and quite when the valves are closed.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,060 Posts
Nice job.

There are plenty of armchair welders out there. Not every strong weld is pretty, and not every pretty weld is strong. If someone criticizes the appearance of your welds, just tell them to fuck off.

20761 - 20780 of 20780 Posts
About this Discussion
20.8K Replies
133 Participants
LS2-GTO
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing