LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

· I Know Victoria's Secret
Joined
·
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be sure to post the % of the tint! Also tell us if they cut around the third brake light in the rear window or just tinted over it. :turbonaug

5% Windows & Top Strip of Windshield / 50% Entire Windshield / Tinted Over Third Brake Light





Will get some pics of the windshield this weekend...
 

· GTOless
Joined
·
8,887 Posts
35% all the way around except the winshield. And its tinted over the brake light. Ill upload some more pics tomorrow of the side in direct sunlight.

 

· Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Limo Tint all around and a strip across front windshield. It gets hot down here in Gator Land. Got to keep the Sun Heat and Prying Eyes out.



 

· NC Rogue Squadron
Joined
·
6,820 Posts
How hard is it to remove the 3rd brake light to get the tint to cover the entire window.
 

· New PB MPH - 127.54
Joined
·
2,540 Posts
35% on the front two and 20% on the back three. I wanted 20% all the way around but they absolutely would not do it, which is probably good because 50% is legal in Ohio.

I'm actually really pleased with the two different shades, you can't tell unless you are really looking for it. Tint, I think, is one of the best looking appearance mods.

 

· Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
6.0gto_noob said:
35% on the front two and 20% on the back three. I wanted 20% all the way around but they absolutely would not do it, which is probably good because 50% is legal in Ohio.

I'm actually really pleased with the two different shades, you can't tell unless you are really looking for it. Tint, I think, is one of the best looking appearance mods.

A fellow Ohio driver.. interested in an Imperial Blue spoiler delete kit? I made my own and have WAY too much spare paint.
 

· From one sandbox to another
Joined
·
541 Posts
PMD GTO said:
How hard is it to remove the 3rd brake light to get the tint to cover the entire window.
As someone else said there is no need to remove it to tint. I watched the guy do mine and he had no problems getting between the light and the rear window. BTW if you get the rims I want your stock 18's:pimp:

20% everywhere but windshield.
 

· New PB MPH - 127.54
Joined
·
2,540 Posts
hazzywayy said:
A fellow Ohio driver.. interested in an Imperial Blue spoiler delete kit? I made my own and have WAY too much spare paint.
NO WAY!!! lol. I love my spoiler!

Thanks for the offer tho.
 

· Can't... stop... modding...
Joined
·
1,232 Posts
It takes a grand total of 5min to take off the rear 3rd brake light. Just pry from the front of it (toward seats) and pull slightly toward the front of the car. It pops right out. Undo one plug and you're there. I took mine out for my window tint.

Mine is 15% all around.



 
1 - 20 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top