LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2266 Posts

·
Join the Syndicate
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***The UFC/MMA thread***

i figured i would make one thread where we can keep posting on upcoming MMA bouts and news instead of always making a new thread. if theres already one, then oh well this is the real one :)

we have upcoming...

UFC 128 Shogun vs Jones 3/19/11

Shogun vs Jones

Marquardt vs Miller

Cro-cop vs Schaub

this is a good card but of course im most interested in Shogun and Jones. i got Shogun winning and cant believe he is the long shot. so if anyone wants to see me through paypal, PM me, im always game lol

on a side note Jones really is a hype train and product of the UFC. hes getting more attention on his pre-show and even has a new series called Jon Jones in the moment and just look at the odds. i mean what the hell?

·
Pirate Spud
1,241 Posts
I think Shogun/Jones is a hard match to call. Jones has torn through everyone put in front of him but no one as good as Shogun.

Shogun has one quality win since coming to the UFC.

Very interesting

·
Join the Syndicate
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think Shogun has this. Jones has been fed B and C fighters and we havent really seen what he can do when put vs a A-tier guy like Shogun.

I like Jones but the way they have been hyping him, u would swear hes the next coming of christ.

·
Pirate Spud
1,241 Posts
I can see Shogun working some kicks and looking good until Jones pulls one of those shoots from halfway across the cage and put him on his back and elbows the shit out of him.

I can also see Jones working the standup with Shogun and Shogun KTFO of him

·
Banned
2,087 Posts
i got floor seating ringside tickets for tomorrow! can't wait!

i was pissed that i wouldn't be seeing rashad evans get his face smashed off at first, but i think jones will be a good replacement. honestly, this is one of the better cards i've seen in a while. i will be posting pics when my drunk ass finds it's way home tomorrow/sunday lol

·
Hater of Ignorance. . .
5,720 Posts
Tough match to call but I really want to see Shogun put an end to the hype train that is Bones Jones. Jones has one "quality" win in Bader but even he hadnt really fought anyone on top of their game. My only issue is Shogun is coming off surgery ring rust might be an issue. I think if Jones gets owned in this one he goes the way of Brandon Vera, a guy who was destroying everyone until he fought the guy who didnt believe the hype. After that everyone pretty much took it to him.

·
Registered Winner
7,229 Posts
Jones just took out a robber. Lol.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/19/ufc-john-bones-jones-shogun-robber-subdue-figure-four-leg-lock-patterson-new-jersey/
Jones was doing what has become his ritual before a fight ... he was meditating at a park in Patterson, NJ when he heard a woman scream, "I've been robbed!"

Jones began chasing the man for a good distance. When the fighter caught up with the alleged robber, he knocked the guy's legs out from under him, then placed him in a figure-four leg lock until Paterson cops arrived.

Jones' fight tonight -- UFC 128 -- is in Newark.

Jones tells TMZ, "It was a great pre-fight warm-up for me!"

·
Join the Syndicate
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow talk about an upset

·
REDKEYN
3,817 Posts

·
Join the Syndicate
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright some spoilers..

we have a new LHW champ, Bones via 3rd rnd TKO

cro-cop is done
Nate by decision

·
Pirate Spud
1,241 Posts
I can see Shogun working some kicks and looking good until Jones pulls one of those shoots from halfway across the cage and put him on his back and elbows the shit out of him.

I can also see Jones working the standup with Shogun and Shogun KTFO of him
Pretty much that except the Shogun working kicks and looking good. Jones mauled him. It was actually tough to watch, I can't believe Shogun made it 2.5 rounds.

Pretty sure the way it ended was that Jones elbowed Shogun and hurt him because it swelled up immediately and Shogun rolled over and Jones delivered a huge knee to Rua's ribs which I think it was the beginning of the end. Shogun got up and started backing up immediately, Jones hit a left body shot that crumpled Shogun and on the way down he ate a knee and was tapping when he hit the floor.

·
REDKEYN
3,817 Posts
Wow. I wanted to take bones but the odds....

I'll go ahead and say it...

I want to see silva vs jones

·
Join the Syndicate
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pretty much that except the Shogun working kicks and looking good. Jones mauled him. It was actually tough to watch, I can't believe Shogun made it 2.5 rounds.

Pretty sure the way it ended was that Jones elbowed Shogun and hurt him because it swelled up immediately and Shogun rolled over and Jones delivered a huge knee to Rua's ribs which I think it was the beginning of the end. Shogun got up and started backing up immediately, Jones hit a left body shot that crumpled Shogun and on the way down he ate a knee and was tapping when he hit the floor.

come on man i dont think he was tapping lets not make more out of it, he just got rocked and was pretty much done.

i didnt like the way shogun looked. no kicks, slow movements, little offense.

so Jones took him.

·
Pirate Spud
1,241 Posts
^^^

Go watch the replay. You can clearly see Shogun hit the mat, put his hand down, then pick it up, move it closer to protect his head a bit and tap the mat twice.

I just rewatched it to make sure. I'm willing to bet it comes out this week that Shogun has broken ribs.

·
Death Magnetic
144 Posts
people are already acting like jones is unbeatable when shogun obviously had ring rust due to his knee surgery

·
Join the Syndicate
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
damn i think he did tap, now hes gonna get made fun of like GSP too :(

why the hell does Shogun always look tired and depleted after a surgery?!?!?!?

·
HGH Optimist
8,021 Posts
Oh, the excuses, the whining. Shogun got beat... shit happens. I still remember when he lost to my boy, Forrest. All the "just came off surgery" stuff was around, but hey... he shouldn't have fought, then.

Who knows? Maybe he'll come back in a few months, PISSED OFF, and work a better game against Jones.

I say Jones, because I think he is going to embarass Rashad. Evans has some quick hands, etc, but he DEFINITELY doesn't have the reach/all-around game that Bones has.

I called the (T)KO on Cro-cop, but I definitely didn't think it would take that long. That match was making ME tired. I'm confused, why was that a TKO? Looked like a clean KO...

1 - 20 of 2266 Posts