LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my Cover Craft Form Fit Cover in. The fit is unbelievable, and the softness of the material and liner is incredible. It's actually made out of a Spandex material, fits like a rubber. Not cheap but perfect. She's all set for when the snow starts flying.

Cover Craft Part #: FF16573FB

·
Chronic Strut Rubber
939 Posts
Very nice but for $350 its a bit pricey.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Wow that's a very nice looking cover, mine also fits good (when adjusted right, lol) and it's real soft too. It's strictly an indoors cover as yours is too. I like yours better because it's black, I didn't have too many color choices. I paid something like $185.00 for it in 2004.

ROK

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$184 is pretty good, and the fit looks great. I'm surprised they made a custom cover already for the GTO in 04. The Form Fit is damn expensive, but it sure looks purdy.

·
Let's race, punk.
11,469 Posts
Are there any car covers made for car transportation?

·
In Tune and On Time.....
1,538 Posts
Holy sh1t, that first one fits like a glove

·
Under Construction
731 Posts
I own the coverking. I think it was like 200 and has a sweet blue color. Same nylon glove like fit. They hemmed it custom for my body kit. And it dos'nt say "front" on it LOL .

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MSBUCCIARELLI said:
I own the coverking. I think it was like 200 and has a sweet blue color. Same nylon glove like fit. They hemmed it custom for my body kit. And it dos'nt say "front" on it LOL .

I pre-qualified for the retarded car cover!!:)

·
99% Stock
4,968 Posts
why does it look... puffy? as if it is blown up with air?

·
Registered
871 Posts
LOL cause our cars look puffy

but seriously - is that first one padded? I'm curious about stray objects hitting it while in storage, if that cover would protect it

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thull said:
LOL cause our cars look puffy

but seriously - is that first one padded? I'm curious about stray objects hitting it while in storage, if that cover would protect it

The fabric is pretty thick, and there is a cotton type liner on the inside. Like I said the exterior fabric is actually like a Spandex material and it really fits like a glove. I have three little boys running in and out of the garage on their bikes so ding and scratch protection was a primary concern. It's not as thick as some of the outside covers but it should protect nicely. I've had several nylon type covers in the past and everyone of them would get stiff when cold, and all of them scratched.

·
9,794 Posts
Mine also is padded on the inside with a 1/4 inch of cotton padding. The black one does look very puffy, and I think most of it is due to the material. Very impressive looking too. I had to cut a small hole in the front by the battery so I can run my wires for the trickle charger. I didn't want to run them in from the bottom and bunch up the cover and possibly scratch the car. The hole is smaller than a dime and serves it's purpose.

ROK

·
Registered
468 Posts
:gr_jest: damn for the indoors, you would be better off(and cheaper) just to drape a big blanket over it....and call it good

·
Under Construction
731 Posts
RKT SHP said:
:gr_jest: damn for the indoors, you would be better off(and cheaper) just to drape a big blanket over it....and call it good
getto :drink:

·
Registered
468 Posts
be effective and a lot cheaper than a 300 car cover to sit in a garage

·
9,794 Posts
RKT SHP said:
be effective and a lot cheaper than a 300 car cover to sit in a garage
If that's what you would cover your car with then go right ahead. I want something on my car that breaths and doesn't hold moisture. Something that doesn't scratch the car putting it on and taking it off. So in the long run it would NOT be cheaper to cover it with a blanket, sheet or anything else that could scratch or harm the cars finish. But that's just me and everyone else that cares about their car.

ROK

·
Registered
112 Posts
no cover

I don't even put a cover on mine in the winter, I have an suv right next to it so the garage is open and closed every day, but to my surprise, there is more dust on my coffe table after two weeks, then the car gets all winter, not sure if it is the wax and polish that deflects it or what.

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mulder said:
I don't even put a cover on mine in the winter, I have an suv right next to it so the garage is open and closed every day, but to my surprise, there is more dust on my coffe table after two weeks, then the car gets all winter, not sure if it is the wax and polish that deflects it or what.

I live on the top of a hill and when the garage door is up, and the back door to the yard is open there is always a serious breeze cranking through. After two days of sitting uncovered I have a nice thick layer of dust. My garage also sees a lot of traffic, kids, dogs, guests, so I had to cover it. The SUV also gets parked next to it and there is only about three feet between them all winter. After my five year old fell off his bike into it, that was it for me.

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RKT SHP said:

Yeah, I was thinking that and just duct taping it down to the ground effects.:drink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts