da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally the wait is over 11's N/A 6 speed style:gears:

Time slips
http://purposebuilt.org/images/timeslips.JPG

Video
http://media.putfile.com/11sec-NA-6spd-GTO
I’m going to see if I can find some better footage..

MOD LIST.
04 LS1 6spd daily driver

Engine
Heads: TSP ported 243 (duel springs stock size valves)
Cam: TSP 232/234 .595 .598 112
Headers: Kooks 1/34 LT’s
Cat Back: Custom 3” with race bullets
Intake: STOCK box with K&N drop in (MAF removed straight pipe added)

Transmission: (non ***** type)
Clutch: Spec Stage 3 with light weight pressure plate (JUNK)
Flywheel: Fidanza Aluminum
Shifter: GMM (race)

Rearend:
Gears: 3.91’s & spring kit.
Shafts: Stock
Stubbs: Stock

Suspension:
Rear: Pedders 2643 (added a ½ spacer)
BMR Drag Bags (ran at 8psi)
Front: Stock

Wheels & Tires
Front: Holeshot Holestars 15x4 with 180/65/15 tires
Rear: Holeshot Holestars 15x9 with 275/50/15 MT Dr’s

Tuned by Myself and Keith McCord using EFIlive 432/392
BTW it’s a daily driver and that weighed 4128 in race trim with driver (270) before the race.

12’s with dr’s stock. CHECK
11’s’ on a 100 dry shot CHECK
11’s N/A with cheap stuff CHECK
135 mph traps STAY TUNED

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
awesome....but didnt you hear you only really need bolt ons to go 11's

;) congrats man

·
Registered
224 Posts
Great runs all day Tim! It was awesome watching the hometown crowd react to that pass. :turbonaug :gears:

Just think what you would have run with a girly auto transmission in the car.:wiggle: :gr_jest:

·
Been here for a long time...
4,659 Posts
Very nice! Congrats.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Congrats!!!!!

·
"YELOJKT"
784 Posts
Well it's about damn time! J/K!

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Awsome effort! What you gonna do next with it? MT ET street slicks are lot lighter then radials, I run em thanks to your old bogarts:)

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone...

GMH GTO said:
Awsome effort! What you gonna do next with it? MT ET street slicks are lot lighter then radials, I run em thanks to your old bogarts:)
I'm still on the stock rear parts after 149 passes so slick are a NO GO for me..I like to drive it home after a day at the track..

Plus I met with a company today about fabing up a custom 76mm turbo kit for it and I'm still waiting to hear back from one other. Either way we're going boosted and going after some big MPH numbers I expect 135mph+ trap speeds. Most of all the car will still stay a daily driver and won't be gutted..Look for the kits to be available by the first of the year and be built around the 04 engine bay accessories with a price point that will blow you away.

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rosm187 said:
nice job....

any chance check # 2+3 = #4 :secret:
hehe I want to but I have bigger plans..

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
You are the man!! I am glad to see all the hard work payed off for you.
Anthony

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rosm187 said:
damn, so when might the public find out what these bigger plans are?
read post #13

Bone THANK YOU it was you that got me going posting up your times showing that it could be done N/A 6spd style

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
It's too easy to stab it and go.Shifting is a lot more challenging.I can't wait to stab it and go this friday.
Anthony

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Perdieu said:
Plus I met with a company today about fabing up a custom 76mm turbo kit for it and I'm still waiting to hear back from one other. Either way we're going boosted and going after some big MPH numbers I expect 135mph+ trap speeds. Most of all the car will still stay a daily driver and won't be gutted..Look for the kits to be available by the first of the year and be built around the 04 engine bay accessories with a price point that will blow you away.
The setups your looking at, they gonna use stock manifolds, truck manifolds or fabbed headers? If your looking for another opinion on a turbo setup I know some peeps in chicago that could put something together for you;)

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GMH GTO said:
The setups your looking at, they gonna use stock manifolds, truck manifolds or fabbed headers? If your looking for another opinion on a turbo setup I know some peeps in chicago that could put something together for you;)
I don't think they can match the price i'm getting :secret:

PM sent

·
SOLD-04 & 06 Torrid Red GTO's
408 Posts
Awesome!!! I can't wait until Friday to head out to race my 04 H/C M6 on DR's like yours. I have not had it to the track except once on stock tires, but I've been following your runs!

The video is great, too. What rpm are your launching at (sounds 5-6K) and are you side-stepping the clutch or a quick progressive release (sounds very quick on the release)?

Thanks and take care. Dave

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RUQWIKR said:
Awesome!!! I can't wait until Friday to head out to race my 04 H/C M6 on DR's like yours. I have not had it to the track except once on stock tires, but I've been following your runs!

The video is great, too. What rpm are your launching at (sounds 5-6K) and are you side-stepping the clutch or a quick progressive release (sounds very quick on the release)?

Thanks and take care. Dave
that one was 5835 per the little black box.
I just let the clutch out like normal but a little faster LOL

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Great Job !!!! Thanks for all you help im my N2O install back in spring. I was really looking forward to seeing this out of your car. Congrats!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts