LS1GTO Forums banner

The wait for 11's is over (video and time slips attached)

3K views 39 replies 23 participants last post by  GOATHEAD55 
#1 ·
Finally the wait is over 11's N/A 6 speed style:gears:

Time slips
http://purposebuilt.org/images/timeslips.JPG

Video
http://media.putfile.com/11sec-NA-6spd-GTO
I’m going to see if I can find some better footage..

MOD LIST.
04 LS1 6spd daily driver

Engine
Heads: TSP ported 243 (duel springs stock size valves)
Cam: TSP 232/234 .595 .598 112
Headers: Kooks 1/34 LT’s
Cat Back: Custom 3” with race bullets
Intake: STOCK box with K&N drop in (MAF removed straight pipe added)

Transmission: (non ***** type)
Clutch: Spec Stage 3 with light weight pressure plate (JUNK)
Flywheel: Fidanza Aluminum
Shifter: GMM (race)

Rearend:
Gears: 3.91’s & spring kit.
Shafts: Stock
Stubbs: Stock

Suspension:
Rear: Pedders 2643 (added a ½ spacer)
BMR Drag Bags (ran at 8psi)
Front: Stock

Wheels & Tires
Front: Holeshot Holestars 15x4 with 180/65/15 tires
Rear: Holeshot Holestars 15x9 with 275/50/15 MT Dr’s

Tuned by Myself and Keith McCord using EFIlive 432/392
BTW it’s a daily driver and that weighed 4128 in race trim with driver (270) before the race.

12’s with dr’s stock. CHECK
11’s’ on a 100 dry shot CHECK
11’s N/A with cheap stuff CHECK
135 mph traps STAY TUNED

See less See more
#2 ·
awesome....but didnt you hear you only really need bolt ons to go 11's

;) congrats man

#7 ·
Congrats!!!!!

#8 ·
Well it's about damn time! J/K!

#10 ·
Thanks everyone...

GMH GTO said:
Awsome effort! What you gonna do next with it? MT ET street slicks are lot lighter then radials, I run em thanks to your old bogarts:)
I'm still on the stock rear parts after 149 passes so slick are a NO GO for me..I like to drive it home after a day at the track..

Plus I met with a company today about fabing up a custom 76mm turbo kit for it and I'm still waiting to hear back from one other. Either way we're going boosted and going after some big MPH numbers I expect 135mph+ trap speeds. Most of all the car will still stay a daily driver and won't be gutted..Look for the kits to be available by the first of the year and be built around the 04 engine bay accessories with a price point that will blow you away.

#12 ·
You are the man!! I am glad to see all the hard work payed off for you.
Anthony

#15 ·
It's too easy to stab it and go.Shifting is a lot more challenging.I can't wait to stab it and go this friday.
Anthony

#16 ·
Perdieu said:
Plus I met with a company today about fabing up a custom 76mm turbo kit for it and I'm still waiting to hear back from one other. Either way we're going boosted and going after some big MPH numbers I expect 135mph+ trap speeds. Most of all the car will still stay a daily driver and won't be gutted..Look for the kits to be available by the first of the year and be built around the 04 engine bay accessories with a price point that will blow you away.
The setups your looking at, they gonna use stock manifolds, truck manifolds or fabbed headers? If your looking for another opinion on a turbo setup I know some peeps in chicago that could put something together for you;)

#17 ·
GMH GTO said:
The setups your looking at, they gonna use stock manifolds, truck manifolds or fabbed headers? If your looking for another opinion on a turbo setup I know some peeps in chicago that could put something together for you;)
I don't think they can match the price i'm getting :secret:

PM sent

#18 ·
Awesome!!! I can't wait until Friday to head out to race my 04 H/C M6 on DR's like yours. I have not had it to the track except once on stock tires, but I've been following your runs!

The video is great, too. What rpm are your launching at (sounds 5-6K) and are you side-stepping the clutch or a quick progressive release (sounds very quick on the release)?

Thanks and take care. Dave

#19 ·
RUQWIKR said:
Awesome!!! I can't wait until Friday to head out to race my 04 H/C M6 on DR's like yours. I have not had it to the track except once on stock tires, but I've been following your runs!

The video is great, too. What rpm are your launching at (sounds 5-6K) and are you side-stepping the clutch or a quick progressive release (sounds very quick on the release)?

Thanks and take care. Dave
that one was 5835 per the little black box.
I just let the clutch out like normal but a little faster LOL

#24 ·
Perdieu said:
Thanks and no problem helping each other is how it should be..
Thought of one more, but, going to sleep now, so, I'll have to read it in the morning...

What tire pressure do you start off with?

On my low/mid 9-sec 01 Firebird, I run 325/50/15 DR's, and I run them at 18 psi cold...it hooks just about anywhere (1.26 60' off the footbrake N/A is my best, usually 1.29-1.30). Not sure what you have found to be the sweet-spot on the GTO. Take care. Dave

#26 ·
GMH GTO said:
havn't seen a pm, cost is one thing, a proven track record is another:)
ya i started typing it and got busy with the kids LOL I'll send it to you tomorrow..

they build 7 sec drag radial cars and have a very proven track record...
The big key is I want a kit designed around a 04 engine bay that I can market a lot easier to ALL years..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.