LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Power/Weight
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have a rear seal leak that my local pontiac dealer is waiting on parts for so I have a short period of time to find a LS7 clutch to throw in while the tranny is out.

Fred Beans is out for an unknown time period(possibly greater than 2 months)

My local dealership says he found a few around the country but not the current part#, not to mention prices expected to be 470$.

Does anyone know anyone or anyplace that has one they wont be using for awhile, that I could buy? I only need the clutch and pressure plate(Fidanza flywheel)

If I can't find one in time I will have to get a spec stage 2, and despite the love I had for my stage 3 (4 puck/sprung)on my turbo nissan, I don't like the stories I keep hearing about their GTO units.

Any help appreciated.

Thanx,
TroyC

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
I would like to know too!! Gene said FB doesnt have any and doesnt know the ETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH! My clutch will be toast after my N2O install!!!!!!!!! "Go buy a Textralia, spec or rps." Give me 1k and I will!

·
Power/Weight
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used their customer service option/parts inquiry....they have no ph#

also they list 24237690($3??) replaced by 242378412(<$200?!), they do list 24236500 correctly but I didnt include that # at the time I sent the request.

·
Power/Weight
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only company to respond to me that actually had a LS7 clutch was MTI(I am not a fan of them based on my F-body experience with them) they wanted $470 which is retail and crazy so I ordered a SPEC stage 2 with lightweight option from speed-engineering for a nice price.

....oh well I was looking forward to bragging about my Z06 clutch.

TroyC

·
Power/Weight
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...figures, the day I need one.

I will make due, ligher stronger steel flywheel(spec) and lightweight(and from what I hear rebuildable) lightweight pressure plate make me plenty happy.

TroyC

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
WHAT?!?!?!? :cry: :cry: :banghead: this was what i was looking to get when I do my heads and cam down the road.....

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
I thought Textralia clutches were good? I'm not a manual guy but I think I remember reading that.

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Spec? :wall:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I might be selling my uninstalled Tex OZ700 on account of the upcoming motor changes. Don't want to burn up a brand new 600+ HP clutch.

·
Power/Weight
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GT086 said:
I thought Textralia clutches were good? I'm not a manual guy but I think I remember reading that.
Too much $ for my taste, but I hear great things about them.

SPEC if you dont know then just do a quik search but I know when I bought my nissan clutch they were a newer company as far as the performance market. I think the pressure plate said it was made in India. I loved that clutch, held 8psi no problem. This board has mixed reviews, most if not all problems are related to a spacer they use that seems to be poorly engineered(but I think its fixable)

TroyC

G
0 Posts
Hi All,
We order 20-30 at a time so we always have the info and all ahead of everyone else. The part number just changed within the last 2 weeks and it knocked about 90.00 off the price. We were the only dealer in the country to have the new ones. GM tried repeatedly to purchase them back from me but I refused so that I could take care of my online customers. We're out, totally out and they've been running a 2-4 week backorder before this. Now it seems as if its the same. I hope to have more in 2 weeks but one can only dream.

Thanks,
Gene.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts