LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was just announced that there are over 2 million people without power in southeast florida......

meanwhile 400 miles north of Miami we are getting 40+mph winds.....

I am hunkered down just waiting..........

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Ditto, picked up quite a bit here been getting winds in the 50-60mph range and power was out 2 or 3 times but is back on now.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Thanks for the update. I heard it slowed way down. Your hunkering time may have been extended a few hours.. Sorry.. Be safe

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sxty8goats said:
Thanks for the update. I heard it slowed way down. Your hunkering time may have been extended a few hours.. Sorry.. Be safe
yeah she is stalled right now......this is like a bad movie that won't end.

thanks for the thoughts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Dblue and Doug, hang in there. Update from Melbourne: Heavy winds, but not that much rain, yet. Seems where it stalled is bringing heavy rain north and south of us. Is this thing ever going to proceed forward? I guess it may just stay stationary until Ivan comes up it's arse and pushes both of them across.
Can you believe it, we may be hit by a 4th one by next weekend! It feels like I'm in jail right now. Goat's hanging tough, don't know about the condo in Indialantic though. This has got to be one of the strangest storms ever. Good luck to everyone.

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its GROUND HOG DAY..............NEVER ENDING..........HELP ME

FORT PIERCE, Fla. - Potent but slow-moving Hurricane Frances snapped power lines and whipped the Atlantic coast with winds over 90 mph Saturday, knocking out electricity for about two million people and forcing Floridians to endure another day of waiting and worrying.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Jodi said:
Dblue and Doug, hang in there. Update from Melbourne: Heavy winds, but not that much rain, yet. Seems where it stalled is bringing heavy rain north and south of us. Is this thing ever going to proceed forward? I guess it may just stay stationary until Ivan comes up it's arse and pushes both of them across.
Can you believe it, we may be hit by a 4th one by next weekend! It feels like I'm in jail right now. Goat's hanging tough, don't know about the condo in Indialantic though. This has got to be one of the strangest storms ever. Good luck to everyone.
Ahem!! Tampa is here too!!!

Lets rock out these storms!!! Thanks for the part number Jason! I picked up my NGK plugs today. The storms to absolutely SUCK tho.

Frances has shifted from covering your area to covering my area. Nice. NOT

Only time wil tell...

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dmonty said:
Ahem!! Tampa is here too!!!

Lets rock out these storms!!! Thanks for the part number Jason! I picked up my NGK plugs today. The storms to absolutely SUCK tho.

Frances has shifted from covering your area to covering my area. Nice. NOT

Only time wil tell...
Wait dont be so sure......this bitch can't make up her mind where she is going.....we are getting 50mph+ wind right now........oh and your welcome on the plugs but I hate to break it to you.......that was yesterday......but its ok cause we are reliving the same day over and over and over.......

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote of the day:

"I'm going stir crazy," Nicholas said. "I'm going to be in a straitjacket by Monday. I don't know how much longer I can take it. Have mercy."

Deborah Nicholas dashed home from a Fort Pierce shelter to take a shower, but stayed only a few minutes when the lights started flickering and trees began popping out of the ground. She has slept in a deck chair at a high school cafeteria since Wednesday.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
Wait dont be so sure......this bitch can't make up her mind where she is going.....we are getting 50mph+ wind right now........oh and your welcome on the plugs but I hate to break it to you.......that was yesterday......but its ok cause we are reliving the same day over and over and over.......

Was that yesterday??? Damn that seems wild since I have some plugs on my seat but a storm is raging off the coast. I dont kno what is what anymore!!!

Thanks for the info on the plugs tho! Picked 'em up today w/o any issue. The ***** known as Frances is a different story. What to do? That ***** is just sitting off the coast doing nothing. Not good!!!

_DM

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dmonty said:
Was that yesterday??? Damn that seems wild since I have some plugs on my seat but a storm is raging off the coast. I dont kno what is what anymore!!!

Thanks for the info on the plugs tho! Picked 'em up today w/o any issue. The ***** known as Frances is a different story. What to do? That ***** is just sitting off the coast doing nothing. Not good!!!

_DM
yes it was yesterday......today is saturday right? I was working when you called so that had to be yesterday...The weather forecast for tomorrow and monday are hurricane and for next week its hurrcane and........i need a gun :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
980 Posts

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
You guys have got Ivan for next weekend...I can't believe that crap.

Hang in there it'll be over....um...eventually?

And hey, I thought you guys were like, all evacuated and crap?

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Man, 8 years I was down there and nothing. Now the weather channel is showing places I used to hang around at blowing down the street.

Hang in there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts