LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
this one is up to $300 with 8 days left in the auction, a new one from factory is $419 and you can have it by friday....ordering mine on Friday....

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, they are buy it now's for 294. So, just wondering, more or less, if this is the correct model?

Thanks,
Brett

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
I got mine from that guy about 3 months ago

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Just a note... I too bought mine from ebay with the buy it now of $294 and was initially pleased with that purchase. The only problem with this is that you do not get custom tune support as you would if you purchase it from RWTD (runningwiththedevil.com) who is one of our sponsors on the left. If you are going to modify your car with anything other than stock, you will probably want to have that service. RWTD provides that service for free, and not just once but repeatedly.

One other note: should you decide after buying the Predator that you no longer need it, you will need to pay the manf. $75 to reset it, as it is married to your car's VIN and no longer able to be used on another GTO, this is true even if you restore the stock tune. This is different than the ones for Ford, from what I understand, and thus confuses some folks.

If I was you I would search all of RWTD's past posts before making your purchase. Also read other posts about the Predator so you can see other's opinions both pro and con. Make your choice a well informed one, all the info already resides here on this forum.

Diana

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Huntress said:
Just a note... I too bought mine from ebay with the buy it now of $294 and was initially pleased with that purchase. The only problem with this is that you do not get custom tune support as you would if you purchase it from RWTD (runningwiththedevil.com) who is one of our sponsors on the left. If you are going to modify your car with anything other than stock, you will probably want to have that service. RWTD provides that service for free, and not just once but repeatedly.

One other note: should you decide after buying the Predator that you no longer need it, you will need to pay the manf. $75 to reset it, as it is married to your car's VIN and no longer able to be used on another GTO, this is true even if you restore the stock tune. This is different than the ones for Ford, from what I understand, and thus confuses some folks.

If I was you I would search all of RWTD's past posts before making your purchase. Also read other posts about the Predator so you can see other's opinions both pro and con. Make your choice a well informed one, all the info already resides here on this forum.

Diana
i knew i could depend on you to give the whole story, i was too lazy to type that much :gr_jest:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks...as soon as RWTD is back up, I will give them a hollar.

Brett

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would have been nice, huh?!? :)

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
I saw one at a chevy dealer when I was used car shopping last week... I don't think they were selling it as there was a guy talking to someone there that looked like it was his.... weird bright purple color. I'd take it though :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts