LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. i'm considering trading my 04 SCMCSS in for a GTO. the car will be a daily. how much did ya'll pay for yours? did anyone ever sit in one? are they low like f-bodys? please i need all the info i can get on this.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you! i need a v8 for a daily. the gn's miles are gettin up there so i need something fun to mess with

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Unfortunately we do not know the MSRP yet. The rumors still say $33,000 but who knows for sure. They have about 4 weeks to decide. That is when the first production models hit the U.S. A few people have seen the pre-production ones. Other than that we have ordered them site unseen basing our purchase decision on rumor and hope. Come on in and take the plunge!!!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i mean i get a discount from my job that i only pay 300 over invoice on any gm or [email protected]@@. like the sticker on the monte was 32 i payed 24 for it. so no one knows if they are low to the ground or not?

·
Registered
524 Posts
There a a few pre productions ones floating around and some folks have said they sat in one. Comments have been that the interior is awesome. Not much about how low but I suspect similar to F body. Check some of the other sites if nobody here has had the chance.

I've got a '86 GN, totally stock current frame off getting the rusted out body mounts fixed. Has got 262K miles on it. Runs great, no smoke or oil burn but has been retired for the Yellow Jacket.

Haven't driven a V-8 regularly since got rid of a 215 Buick swap into a Vega (350 HD Nova before that and my 64GTO) So looking forward to it.

hada64

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Here's my $.02.

I doubt you'll get any of your special rebates, incentives or whatever you can get on a normal GM car on this one. We're lucky to get it at MSRP, let alone with any special incentives. Heck, GM card earnings may not be even redeemable last I heard.

As to comparing it to the F-Body, I'd say it sits between it and your Monte. Monte's aren't all that much higher off the ground than a Z28. It's interior is light years ahead of anything in the last F-Body and definetely a notch above your Monte. I have a 2003 Monte SS, so I can readily say that. I'd put the interior "quality" on par with that in my '98 Aurora.

Then there's what's under the hood. :D

As mentioned only previously, these are not widely accesible cars at this point, so no one (or few) have seen them with their own eyes. I believe until that boat arrives there are only 6-12 in the states so unless you went to Bowling Green and saw the Cosmos Purple one or went to Woodward and saw the black one, few have seen them.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Sorry dude, the gig is up. You've been outed

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well no insentives no gto. i refuse to spend all that money on a car that the proformance will be ok and only seat 4. the car will be a daily and will prolly end up bein ran till it dies. its gonna be one of the cars that if i wanna drive it cross country i can no problems and not worry about a thing.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I dont see any incentives being offered on the GTO this year. The only thing you can hope for is finiding a dealer that will give you the discount you talked about. I'm getting mine for my GM employee price only because a very close friend of mine owns the dealer I'm getting the car from.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i already talked to the dealer about it yesterday and they are working it out. i gotta go down to the dealer after thanksgiving. i think they said they are gettin a black one in thats not sold yet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The Monaro interior has about the same amount of leg and head room as a Grand Prix. I was in Perth, Australia a few months back and visited a Holden dealer to check out the Monaro. At 6'4" I had plenty of room in the front seats and it was a very comfortable car. The back seat even had a decent amount of room. If I remember correctly it sat about as low as an F-body. The look and feel of the Monaro convinced me to pre-order. Speaking with many locals they all said Holden produces a great product and everyone said great things about the Monaro. If GM does not cut corners on this car we should all be very satisifed when they arrive. As for price, we can only wait to see when GM will let us in on the secret.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Performance be "ok"???

***** show me something else off the showroom floor that'll run 12's, that's V8 and rear wheel driven and certainly night and day between the Monte!

The performance of my Z28 must've sucked then by your standards as it only ran 13's stock.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Right, but you're getting a car from the factory that'll run pretty damn close STOCK to what you modified GN is running. To me that's pretty damn good performance. :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Say asta la vista to your discount. I work for Bridgestone, GM's Supplier of the Year seven years straight, and was told no chance. As a supplier you pay like $300 over invoice on every model GM makes except for caddy's, vette's.........and now GTO's. But the car (if they stay true to their suggested MSRP figures) is still worth it. You can spend the same coin on the Chrysler Crossfire and get a 200 horse blah blah motor or other two seaters that are kind of fast but impractical most of the time, and no badass V8 rumble. Or you can buy an SUV and that's okay but not exactly different. With a goat you can't always drive over it, but you can haul tail going around it!!

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Say asta la vista to your discount. I work for Bridgestone, GM's Supplier of the Year seven years straight, and was told no chance. As a supplier you pay like $300 over invoice on every model GM makes except for caddy's, vette's.........and now GTO's.
I believe that the post on one of the threads included a note from a high-up at GM that the supplier discount would not be nixed from GM corporate - but each dealer has the right to choose whether to offer it. Corvettes CAN be sold at supplier discount - I just think it's discouraged and dealers don't do it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
21 Participants
TLS_MuthaFuggin_Addict
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing