LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Seriously?
2004 Pontiac GTO, LS1, 6 speed, Quicksilver/Black
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... anyone care to guesstimate what my 2004 Corsa Sport system with oval tip might be worth? 10k miles on it, about as perfect as it can be for a used part. I even have the instructions for it.

I'm planning a 2005 Corsa Sport system and the PFYC bumper inserts. And of course, the mids to muffler pipe X pipe mod. I'm doing it for looks, I know there is no power gain involved. Opinions?

·
Administrator
9,197 Posts
Considering that oval tip is NLA, I can see someone willing to pay a good price for it.

Heads-up:
Single 4" tips in the wide opening of the 04 cutouts did not look good to me when I did the conversion on my 04. I ended up changing to dual SAP tips to fill out the opening. Also, the 04 opening is not as tall as the opening in the 05-06 valence, so a single 4" tip will sit further down beneath the lower edge of the bumper (another one of my complaints).

Here are some pictures showing what I'm talking about:
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire

·
Seriously?
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about the tips and possibly changing them over. There are some good aftermarket choices out there. Good points on the bumper holes.

·
Seriously?
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ski, what size are those SAP tips? Just trying to get an idea of how big a set of duals can be to fit the cutout properly. My guess is 3"...

·
Administrator
9,197 Posts
They are dual 2.5" tips. Dual 3" tips would be a stretch, but know dual 2.75" tips will fit.

Reactions: WickedGoat

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I cut the step down flange on the mids and put 3" vbands on it. Then did a custom exhaust. Cheaper than buying everything over again. Didnt other to put the inserts in yet, waiting to get the bumper painted and have them blended.
Cant say if there is again to be had, a y pipe will give you the best scavenging so I doubt youll see anything going to an X with 2.5
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Wheel

·
Seriously?
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I cut the step down flange on the mids and put 3" vbands on it. Then did a custom exhaust. Cheaper than buying everything over again. Didnt other to put the inserts in yet, waiting to get the bumper painted and have them blended.
Cant say if there is again to be had, a y pipe will give you the best scavenging so I doubt youll see anything going to an X with 2.5
View attachment 515504
I like the tips. Reminds me of the 04 Corsa oval. I'm not expecting any additional power, this is for looks. Still in the contemplating stage.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,724 Posts
I'm not expecting any additional power, this is for looks. Still in the contemplating stage.
I had the Corsa Touring with the Oval tip. Hated the way it sounds when cold but did like the looks of it. Got rid of that back in '05 or '06. Went back to my stock, but h-pipe working cat back. Sounds so much better to me, nice and mellow but loud at WOT. As for power, I lost 5rwhp going back to stock cat back. That was when I was at 427rwhp.

·
Registered Winner
9,390 Posts
I had the Corsa Touring with the Oval tip. Hated the way it sounds when cold but did like the looks of it. Got rid of that back in '05 or '06. Went back to my stock, but h-pipe working cat back. Sounds so much better to me, nice and mellow but loud at WOT. As for power, I lost 5rwhp going back to stock cat back. That was when I was at 427rwhp.
I was also never a fan of the Corsa sound. I even liked my factory with Magnaflow replacements and X pipe welded in better than the Corsa.

·
Seriously?
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is a you tube video of a bunch of GTO exhaust clips that I listened to the other day. Hard to appreciate any of them through a phone speaker. I liked the Corsa the best though. Kept going back to it. System quality is outstanding.

On another note, has anyone tried ordering anything from PFYC lately? They don't answer the phone or respond to email. Starting to wonder if they are having issues.

·
Registered
CP M6 04, YJ A4 04
405 Posts
I did stock size tips on mine, soon after I got it from Minnesota. LIked the 70 Challenger when it came out w/4 square tips, so thought the GTO should've had 4 round ones. Jon cut out a factory looking notch for me, and Darren & I made sure tips were straight - from the back and the side. Only thing I shoulda done was use stainless tips, as the chrome ones have 'weathered' a bit. Otherwise still stock exhaust system - i don't turn my radio up too loud

Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,762 Posts
lol ah memories

Reactions: bo06gto
1 - 20 of 53 Posts