21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,762 Posts
Sounds right but can’t recall for sure

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'm going to go against the grain here. Personally I'd leave it as is. I have an 06 with dual outlet but I'd leave an 04 exhaust the way it came. Hell I'd have both years if I had the room and funds.
Agreed once you go with an 05-06 rear bumper cover, to give you a "true dual" look, then your 04 GTO looks like majority of the GTOs on the road. The 04 single side dual sets it apart.

·
Administrator
9,197 Posts
Agreed once you go with an 05-06 rear bumper cover, to give you a "true dual" look, then your 04 GTO looks like majority of the GTOs on the road. The 04 single side dual sets it apart.
You know what sets a GTO apart even more? Split duals on an 04 bumper.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I'm gonna fill in the opening on the right side of my bumper insert and put an 04 exhaust on but have them both dump into a single 05 style tip on the left.

Reactions: bo06gto and tmiller

·
Seriously?
2004 Pontiac GTO, LS1, 6 speed, Quicksilver/Black
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm gonna fill in the opening on the right side of my bumper insert and put an 04 exhaust on but have them both dump into a single 05 style tip on the left.
I know where there might be an 04 Corsa Sport for sale... Just saying...

·
Registered
CP M6 04, YJ A4 04
405 Posts
i remember that joke.
Hey - don't laugh (figuratively) we had an airplane w/40,400 lbs of thrust Pratt & Whitneys (Thrust You Can Trust, that's what they tell you) times Four - and still would account for thrust from the cabin outflow valve (like 40 lbs?) from the inside as new air was compressed mixed & heated & pushed the 'old' air out so the folks inside could breathe.
Besides, it was only a matter of time before that Classic joke was created.

You know what sets a GTO apart even more? Split duals on an 04 bumper.
u da MAN !! !!
couldn't have said it better myself so quoted you

·
Seriously?
2004 Pontiac GTO, LS1, 6 speed, Quicksilver/Black
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well, I finally talked to someone at PFYC and they have the inserts in stock, so I ordered them today. I still don't know if I am going to do this or not, but at least I'll have the inserts on hand. I can imagine at some point these will no longer be available.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm keeping my 04 set up. To me it's iconic the way it looks. I have a exhaust shop down the road, and the owner said he can make me a 3" side by side cat back set up and will angle the tips when I'm ready.
Agreed. It's different/unique in a glut of purist duals. I had a custom SS 2.5" done on mine.

·
Worthless reject member
54,688 Posts
I'm keeping my 04 set up. To me it's iconic the way it looks. I have a exhaust shop down the road, and the owner said he can make me a 3" side by side cat back set up and will angle the tips when I'm ready.
Agreed. It's different/unique in a glut of purist duals. I had a custom SS 2.5" done on mine.
you guys are making me regret my decision to put an 05/06 bumper on my 04.

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,762 Posts
Dew-it!

Reactions: bo06gto
21 - 40 of 53 Posts