LS1GTO Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Seriously?
2004 Pontiac GTO, LS1, 6 speed, Quicksilver/Black
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Going to get started on this soon. Ordered a system tonight... JBA 2004 to 05, 06 setup. There is a method to my madness on this one... if the mufflers aren't as loud or as good as I'd like, they are a simple swap out for something else. More to come... I need to get paint and install estimates for the PFYC inserts.

·
Seriously?
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
My JBA system came Thursday. I went up to the shop to check it out. I stole this thing on eBay for $349.99 drop shipped from Pertronix. It is part number 40-3109 and I am wondering if it is going to be available again. Pertronix showed 3 in stock and now they are all gone. It is not a Corsa system but the cost of admission for me was worth it for the H pipe setup and the included passenger side hanger bracket. The H pipe will bolt to my SLP midpipes with no modifications and I will not have to worry about hanging the passenger side at the bumper with the included bracket. I am not using the included 4" round tips as I am going to use some double wall, staggered 3" quads from a WRX. I checked the fit on the PFYC inserts and they fit nice.

If I don't like the JBA sound, I'll pop those out for something else. Spintech has been growing on me. What I would like to do is get this catback coated with something to keep it looking nice. Does anyone have any suggestions? I will get it done locally to avoid expensive shipping charges.

There will be a pristine 2004 Corsa Sport with oval tip system for sale soon. I'm not gonna officially offer it up until this project is done. I have boxes and packing material to ship it so it is just a waiting game right now.

·
Registered
145 Posts
uh, did you just use "custom" 4 words after "purist" ? ??
:)

blue bumper on most Any GTO would be "custom" also
??? I have no idea what you mean here. "Custom", in that a local muffler shop did it from headers to tailpipes, with h pipe and elec. cut outs. A blue bumper on an IBM would be custom???

·
Seriously?
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Quick opinion question for y’all…

Should I leave the chrome finish alone on the tips or have them powder coated the same colors as my wheels? The wheels are a forged charcoal metallic, not black but offset enough to be different…

Hoping to get started on coating the JBA system this weekend.

·
Administrator
9,197 Posts
Your car. Do what you think looks best.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
My first thought is chrome but I don't know if I've ever seen powder coated tips. Maybe powder coated just to be different

Reactions: WickedGoat
41 - 53 of 53 Posts