LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kind of lazy when it comes to cleaning. I love a shiny car and clean wheels, but the stock wheels are not doing it for me. Maybe I need something besides my normal cleaning mitt. Getting into the nooks and crannies (is this a wheel or an English muffin?) is such a pain.

Anywho, I'm thinking about getting either some wheels from JHP or some others I found.

Whatcha think? Price wise, I should be able to get wheels and tires, 18x8 and 245-40x18 for under $2K, delivered.

Diggs

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
i like them. they would look really good in chrome or hi polish
I agree, but I like the finish shown.
Think it would look sweet on a Torid Red

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
AMRAAM4 said:
FYI, TSW wheels are bricks, just in case that is a worry for you.
Mine aren't. My 19x8's and 19x9.5 TSW Thruxtons weigh in less than the stock rims. But I would like to find some lighter-weight 17's to put drag-radials on.

Padre

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brick?

AMRAAM4 said:
FYI, TSW wheels are bricks, just in case that is a worry for you.
As in heavy as a brick or built like a brick $h!thouse?

Diggs

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Diggs said:
As in heavy as a brick or built like a brick $h!thouse?

Diggs
Or rectangular, maybe? That would be a bad thing for a whell, I think.

I think that's a sharp looking wheel, Diggs. One of the nicest I've seen, IMO.

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
I think those wheels would look sharp in the finish shown.
Dan

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I'm glad to see that someone else agrees that the stock wheels are a bitch to clean!

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Tooth brush dipped in wheel cleaner. Do the nooks first then wipe down the whole wheel and spray clean. Not all that bad. Do it first though so you don't sit in a puddle from rinse'n the soap off of the car. :p

·
Registered
163 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
I'm glad to see that someone else agrees that the stock wheels are a bitch to clean!

I think they must be crazy not to agree with you....

I spray Simple Green and wait a few minutes, then use bug-n-tar wash soap in a bucket with a "wheel brush" purchased at Target. Works pretty well, but it's still a pain.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
goatee said:
I think they must be crazy not to agree with you....

I spray Simple Green and wait a few minutes, then use bug-n-tar wash soap in a bucket with a "wheel brush" purchased at Target. Works pretty well, but it's still a pain.
have you ever tried cleaning the "honeycomb" style rims on the 97-03 Grand Prixs? now those were hard to clean. the GTO rims are cake in comparison :)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
I agree, which is why they don't get cleaned. As soon as I have the money I'll be getting new wheels.

Diggs,
those look nice.... and easy to clean :)

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
have you ever tried cleaning the "honeycomb" style rims on the 97-03 Grand Prixs? now those were hard to clean. the GTO rims are cake in comparison :)
The "spiderweb" wheels on my '00 Bonneville SLE were a major pain, too. It could take longer to get them clean than all the rest of the car - and almost always involved bloodshed.

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If they were the right size...

...I would jump on these Cragar's in a minute.

That would look sooooooo good and would also give the "throwback style" folks something to cheer about.

Now if they only came in 5x120 instead of 5x120.65. I sent them an email. We'll see if they can do it.

Diggs

1 - 17 of 17 Posts