LS1GTO Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
One more thing I wanted to ask about but is a little unrelated, my registration is expired and I wanted to get my car inspected before doing this work as it will be a pain to do while I'm tuning it. I went and got an inspection but failed due to evap and o2 sensors not being ready. So I need to drive it more to complete a drive cycle. However, this is my first inspection since tuning it myself, I believe I have the rear o2 sensors disabled along with everything else needed for sd tuning. Do I need to Re-enable my o2 sensors to get them ready?

Edit: Nevermind, I went into my tune file and changed everything relating to 02 sensors or Evap to do not report. Everything shows ready now, got to love Hptuners.

·
This car goes to 11
1,517 Posts
No intercooler can be a dangerous game and depends on a lot of factors. You can easily max out the IAT sensor with even 10 psi and no intercooler. Low compression, good gas (pump e85 can be questionable), low timing, and cold plugs are needed to make it live. Not really a good idea for a street car unless you are experienced at tuning and running low boost.

No worries about the tangled mess you may have made with the procharger piping, it can't be any worse than what procharger suggests for routing. Just make sure when you start creeping up on boost that you get the piping sorted, intercooler sized right, and a nice bypass valve.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've ordered everything but the pushrods, everything should be here by the end of the week. I'll start tearing everything down in a couple days. Thanks for the help everybody!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have what I feel is a dumb question regarding the cam swap. Do I need to drain the engine oil before pulling the timing cover? I would assume so but based on what I've searched, it doesn't appear so but I haven't been able to find a clear answer. The only reason I ask is because I would rather change the oil after the 2nd heat cycle on the new parts after the engine assembly lube gets flushed out.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
I bought the BTR SK001 valve spring kit with titanium retainers from summit racing, I paid extra for 2nd day air shipping so I can start on it this weekend. I just received the order and the box is labeled correctly but it is missing the retainers, it has only springs, locks, seals and locators. What the heck? I'm trying to get in contact with summit right now, they typically have good customer service but you have to fight them to get them to work with you, I know they are going to try and get me to return it before shipping me a new one from past experiences which makes no sense because I just need retainers and it is a waste of time.

Edit: I got in contact with a summit rep. they immediately offered to send out the retainers, then they said I should see it in a week. I immediately replied with what's the point of 2 day air if you guys short me on my order and send the rest in a week. She immediately bumped up the replacement to two day air and said she would see what she can do. I have no idea when it will actually ship though. She seemed a little unsure.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts