going to look at a solstice today,

been looking at them online for a few months,
now that I've got a commuter car,
I can justify a 2 seater rodester.

wish me luck:gears:

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
It was the Solstice that got me into the Pontiac dealership, where I saw the GTO and ended up buying it. The Solstice is a sharp looking car and handles wonderfully. For drag racing, GTO is far better. For autocross, the Solstice is proving that it is every bit the match for those Miatas. The only downside is that after 350+hp going back to 177 is painful. If I were to go Solstice today it would have to be the GXP.

·
Love that Aussie engineering
430 Posts
I drove a Solstice and couldn't come to grips with how gutless it was... and I was prepared for it to be gutless, see'n as how I race one of them chick cars and know what "lack of horsepower" means.

IMO the Solstice's best trait is its appearance, and unfortunately you don't get to enjoy that from the drivers seat. Other than that I was underwhelmed.

Keep the Goat, buy a $3000 older Miata (silver or black are less gay than red or white) and enjoy top-down motoring without the big car payment.

·
S1C:+:GTO
950 Posts
Dude I had a solstice (1st 1000) and sold the POS after only having it for about 5 weeks!! It was already falling apart!! That’s what I get for letting the wife pick her car!! We have a g6 GTP and she loves it!!!!

·
that's right,I'm runnin' 11's
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the biggest reason that I got the goat insted of a Vette is that it has a back seat
now I have a commuter car that has a back seat,
so that aspect isn't necessary.

I have been enjoying auto-Xing the goat,
and I do pretty well with it,
I feel that with a better handleing car, I could do very well,
and I miss having a rodester (I had a porsche 914 in highschool)

but the only way I will do it is if everything with the trade went perfect.
I'm not going to fight to get out of the gto,

after talking to Bremerton pontiac, it dosn't look like I will be doing anything soon.
they won't come off of there $6000 markup,
it's a 8-12 week wait to get what I want (all the available cars within 500 miles are fully loaded, and most of them are automatics)
and
they want to give me nearly $9K under Retail Book ($4K under trade in)

·
Guitar Hero
349 Posts
If you are gonna trade you should check out the Saturn Sky, I think its pretty much the same car but looks way cooler!

·
Speed Junkie
1,312 Posts
Derrickdude said:
If you are gonna trade you should check out the Saturn Sky, I think its pretty much the same car but looks way cooler!
+1

Saw a Sky on the road yesterday, slick looking car. The Redline version is around 260hp I believe.

·
High Octane User
128 Posts
Same deal as crisisman for me. Went in and test drove a Solstice, then a Goat. The Soltice was 'fun' but the Goat gave me a serious rush. The rest is history.

·
Registered
144 Posts
a solstice with an ls2 would be sweet. good luck on whatever you decide. i just parted with my goat a little over a week ago.

·
Born Again Goat
1,555 Posts
KrautBurner said:
the biggest reason that I got the goat insted of a Vette is that it has a back seat now I have a commuter car that has a back seat,
so that aspect isn't necessary.
So, why did you go from originally thinking Vette to Solstice? And what is stopping you from going back to Vette...if the Solstice has an insurmountable $6k markup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts