LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Been here for a long time...
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan on taking the goat on its maiden voyage down the 1320. Probably shoot for 75-80 or Mason Dixon. Anybody want to hook up? A buddy of mine with a ZO6 might come also. He just put a clutch in and is hoping to have enough break in miles on it. He's hoping for 10's with traction :hail:

Anyway, just want to see what this bone stock pig will do before I start modding.

·
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should hope it would be faster! If that is the case then it'll be the slowest car I've had since my 92 Spirit R/T was bone stock... yikes!

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Rob said:
I should hope it would be faster! If that is the case then it'll be the slowest car I've had since my 92 Spirit R/T was bone stock... yikes!
You should do much better than Mach is suggesting assuming you know how to drive, and it seems you've been drag racing for a good deal of time, so I bet you'll be in the mid 13s at 102-104ish. But don't take my word for it, the Ford guy knows all and sees all :gr_jest:

·
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just really concerned about getting out of the hole. Still haven't figured it out on the street. But I'll get there.

I'm kind of torn at which track to go to though. 75-80 is right around the corner but every car I've had there runs .2 slower than any other track. But its not that crowded. All the other tracks seem to run about the same when prepped. MIR is the track of choice for me but since I've moved that's 2.5 hours away now.

Should be fun either way :)

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Rob,I say 13.60-13.80,you can drive,Or thats what you tell me.Mason is closed this weekend and 75 has Ford weekend but any other make Can test and tune.So it looks like 75.I'll be there to see and I'll bring my laptop to log for ya.I won't be bringin my car for I have no exhaust.
Anthony

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Oh ya,Want to use my Nittos and break them in?

·
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guess that takes care of that. Probably upper 13's as best case then for that track. Throw the manifolds back on bust out a 12. Should still be able to do that with the Nittos on.

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Twist my arm.

·
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bone said:
Oh ya,Want to use my Nittos and break them in?
Really want to run stock. But if its not crowded, maybe after a few runs. I broke down a bought a CAI. I'm thinking of throwing that on after a couple of runs to see what difference it does. That's a real dyno test :)

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
I should have done the same thing."Track #s are the real dyno"Is definitely right on.

·
10 sec club
471 Posts
phobos512 said:
You should do much better than Mach is suggesting assuming you know how to drive, and it seems you've been drag racing for a good deal of time, so I bet you'll be in the mid 13s at 102-104ish. But don't take my word for it, the Ford guy knows all and sees all :gr_jest:
His guess sounds about right when compared to many other GTO's posting on this very board.

Driver skill (or lack thereof) will obviously be the biggest determining factor though,
and if he can tame the IRS & relatively skinny tires he might see a 13.8X - 13.9X slip. :burnout:

Mason Dixon isn't known to be an especially fast track though,
so I'd guess 13.9X @ 101 mph.

Good Luck! :cool:

PS: Mason Dixon isn't closed this weekend - they just don't have
an open Test-N-Tune session scheduled.
The "Street" race is on Saturday, which is a class-based race gears towards, Ummmnnn - Street Cars.

Would be good for even a stock car with a seasoned driver at the wheel... ;)

·
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Angus said:

PS: Mason Dixon isn't closed this weekend - they just don't have
an open Test-N-Tune session scheduled.
The "Street" race is on Saturday, which is a class-based race gears towards, Ummmnnn - Street Cars.

Would be good for even a stock car with a seasoned driver at the wheel... ;)
How much time for test/tune before eliminations start? I just want to do some baseline runs. Plus, if its like the past, I usually don't make it past the 1st round :p And is it crowded on these street race days?

·
10 sec club
471 Posts
Rob said:
How much time for test/tune before eliminations start? I just want to do some baseline runs. Plus, if its like the past, I usually don't make it past the 1st round :p And is it crowded on these street race days?
I've run in a few of the street events @ Mason Dixon & they usually aren't too crowded.
I believe two or three "official" dial-in runs are allowed - one each time they call your class.

Should be enough to get a baseline for reference purposes... :cool:

·
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man. All the tracks have something going on this weekend. Might just wait until next weekend so I can get some runs in. Need a little more than just qualifying runs to break this sucker in...

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
About 8 runs are needed for anyone but me.I need about 2 days.I'm going away next weekend but I'm game for the following weekend.I think by the schedules thats a good week at a couple tracks.

·
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe I'll just wait. Anybody know of any track rentals going on? That would be ideal :)

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
After the Dynatechs go on I'm in for a rental.Anyone else in the VA.MD. area interested?
Anthony

1 - 18 of 18 Posts