LS1GTO Forums banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Here's a quarterly update. Some family issues came up and I had to slow the progress on the GTO. In that time I managed to find a Harrop Diff cover and an upgraded Hendrix Engineering mount. The G-Force mini-tub's came in 2 days ago, the airbag for the steering wheel project just showed up at my office 15 minutes ago. For the past 3 weeks, I've been trying my hand at Carbon Fiber skinning (this has been on parts for my G5...but the intent is to do this to the interior parts of the GTO). I have all kinds of resins and 5 rolls of various types Carbon Fiber for that project....

...but it has been VERY slow going...
:-(

Sorry, but no pictures for now. Work has been next to impossible to keep up with,

Reactions: Sacrifice

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
It has been 8 months since my last post. :(

I would LOVE to say I made some progress with my GTO. Instead, I had issues with my daily :poop:📦. If you want to read about it, here's the link.

In short....I now have 2 Orange Pontiacs with the engines painted Pontiac Blue Metallic. One is S/C, the other is N/A.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle

I haven't touched the GTO in a while - BUT - while working on my :poop:📦 I got an idea of a new mod on the GTO. They say everything happens for a reason...and the reason my daily took a dump is because people are stupid and don't change their oil often enough!

...after going to Pontiac Adventures (in the Wisconsin Dells) and taking a week off of working on cars, I now have a LOT of motivation to get my GTO running. I still need to finish up a project for a friend's GTO. He recently moved BACK to Wisconsin and I promised him I would get this part done for him AGES ago. So, before I get myself involved in too much of my own stuff, I need to clean off my plate.

Anyway, I have a guy lined up who'll do the Minitub this fall, my diff. is out and at a media blaster. When that comes back, I'll rebuild it with ALL new components (incl. a Harrop Diff Cover and Hendrix Engineering heavy duty diff bracket). I also have NEW brackets (of my own design) for the coil packs, which I'm REALLY excited to show off!! All of this and I sold a car last month. Now there is a LOT more room in the garage...way more than before!

Thanks for reading and I'll be sure to post up more progress soon.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts