LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Its not a real hemi
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I left school this after noon and everything was fine, the parking brake disengauged just fine with no fuss. I get home and pull up on the lever it doesnt latch but I can hear and feel the brakes compressing. Anyone know whats wrong and the quickest way to fix it? I think its either the button or the gear in the lever that gone wrong. Irritating.... :comp:

·
New home track: Nürburgring
3,590 Posts
Interesting... My E-brake failed on me once: parked on a slight decline to hit up an ATM, left it in neutral, pulled the E-brake and when I was behind my car walking to the ATM, the damn thing tried to run me over! I freaked and jumped into the Goat ASAP to stop it. Thank God I left my windows down so it was quick and easy to get in. Now I always park it in gear.

Anyways, sorry I'm no help to you. GL finding the fix, though!

·
Damn, this things a rocket!!!
417 Posts
happened to me several months ago and still havent got it fixed. You have to get the replacement handle from a dealer.

·
Its not a real hemi
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you swmn, this looks to be a pain in the ass.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts

·
Who me, no not me...
10,320 Posts
yep, this happened to monaro_gto too a few weeks ago. His car started slowly rolling down my driveway locked in first gear on Saturday, sort of scary. With that being said, get it fixed quick as just locking it in gear won't stop them from rolling.

·
Its not a real hemi
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know how much its going to cost to get this POS fixed?
Edit: Forget the question, Im going to pontiac right now.

·
Original Owners & 100K Club
2006 Monaro VZ Clone
809 Posts
torridredaccd said:
Does anyone know how much its going to cost to get this POS fixed?
Edit: Forget the question, Im going to pontiac right now.
mine was covered on warranty when i went through this.

·
Its not a real hemi
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Warranty was up about 10k miles ago. I placed to order and it was $84 and then installation will run another 220. I could do it myself but I just dont have the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts