LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
5,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, my job and the wife's jobs are okay, both WFH and busy as heck (we are very lucky and appreciate the good fortune). Problem is being relegated to home so much I get bored and shop for GTO parts. I have a pair of new headlights coming, a pair of rocker covers (one on mine has always had a small dinger in it that bugs me) and a set of seat back clips for some possible future eventuality. Maybe if I get lucky the orange rocker cover coming will have good paint and I can just swap it onto the car.

Anybody have any experience with a rocker cover RandR? Will I likely break any of the clips? Do I need to buy clips?

I'm also considering changing my CAI system (again).

·
The Old Goat
2006 Pontiac GTO
92 Posts
I will be starting to work from home next week also. Things have been slow in general. I have a T56 rebuild coming back from Tick and finished replacing the throttle body and intake I had ported, so I am mostly out of budget money on the GTO. Now I am spending lesser amounts on some old RC cars , and O gauge trains. I have to get myself under control!!!

·
Worthless reject member
40,175 Posts
I've R&R'd the rocker panels. It's just screws and the white clips along the bottom, a bracket in the front by the fender, and the plastic plate in the back. There's weatherstripping as well as plastic clips underneath, i think.

I don't think you'll break any clips if you're careful.

·
Registered
873 Posts
All non-essential purchases have been put on hold though just happened to get a house worth of vinyl flooring so this self-shelter thing is making me do it.
Still debating on finally getting my ar15 build kit - the hobby toy could be an essential if things don’t turn up.

·
Registered Offender
34,234 Posts
I have pulled back on a couple projects at the new house until this whole deal calms down just in case my business gets shut down for a couple weeks

·
Super Moderator
12,183 Posts
Reactions: LS2-GTO

·
Super Moderator
12,183 Posts
I am very close to pulling the trigger on doing the LSA C5 swap.

I just need a shove over the edge.

·
1 of 40,757
6,399 Posts
If all it’s going to take is a push, why haven’t you already started? :LOL:
There’s a kid on YouTube who did an LSA on his GTO. Eventually changed to turbos but the LSA seemed to be a beast.

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,312 Posts
All non-essential purchases have been put on hold though just happened to get a house worth of vinyl flooring so this self-shelter thing is making me do it.
Still debating on finally getting my ar15 build kit - the hobby toy could be an essential if things don’t turn up.
I finished my build the other day, this is as good a time as there ever was. Parts were getting tricky to find over the last few weeks though.

·
Fake bacon lover
11,254 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
40,175 Posts
i have a ton of projects that i want to do on like every vehicle, lol.

my tulips haven't started to come up yet. i wonder if it's too early.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts