LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
For me this situation doesn't change work for me one bit. I've been working from home for the last four years now. Company is doing well so no issues there. Our kids are all older except for 17 year old senior. Daughter's 2002 Mazda Protege timing belt broke a few days ago. She was only going to keep the car for another year. Unfortunately, there was head damage. I'm going to replace head, head gasket, timing belt, and radiator. She can't afford to have a shop repair it so I'm going to do it. Her hours got reduced because of this whole situation. The shop did diagnose the issue no charge, so that helps. That is my new project coming up.

·
GR-RRR!
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I bought a bicycle like a week before all this shit went down, so I'm enjoying that.
What style? What brand? Pictures if you have them. I love bicycles.

·
16,634 Posts
I don't recall last time I bought something for any of my cars, other than say maintenance stuff.

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
55,737 Posts
What style? What brand? Pictures if you have them. I love bicycles.
Momentum Street in dark grey. This is the only pic I have right now, bf took a bunch but no clue where they're at. I like it a lot. We put a pannier on it and a new saddle.

Attachments

·
GR-RRR!
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Momentum Street in dark grey. This is the only pic I have right now, bf took a bunch but no clue where they're at. I like it a lot. We put a pannier on it and a new saddle.

Nifty!

·
Registered Offender
33,093 Posts
i have a ton of projects that i want to do on like every vehicle, lol.

my tulips haven't started to come up yet. i wonder if it's too early.
never too early to put your tulips to work on a miata lover right?

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,827 Posts
I am very close to pulling the trigger on doing the LSA C5 swap.

I just need a shove over the edge.
HOW much is an LSA now I assume donor car rebuilt or ? Does it fit well.?

I bought a bicycle like a week before all this shit went down, so I'm enjoying that.
I need to fix my mountain bike. hmm

I'm still at work doe. cause essential or some shit like that. office is quiet as a church mouse though.

·
GR-RRR!
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
A little sanity has returned. I'm ceasing all nonessential purchases. Pay the bills, keep up the house, feed everyone but nothing else for now. We have newer DD cars so there shouldn't be any issues there, and, well, neither of us is driving very much now anyway since we are both WFH.

If we end up getting government cheddarz checks they'll just be going into savings.

We are mulling over the idea of bumping up our 401k contributions.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,827 Posts
I'd like to be able to work from home so I can do some work on the home, or other things.

instead I now have a transit letter for the pending county wide stay home policy. whoo hooo. neighbors out there pulling, cutting limbs, etc etc. Other guy down the road was redoing his fence last week.

I'm getting up and going to work becasue monday - or well tuesday or whatever the smurf day it is. traffic is much better.

·
Registered Offender
33,093 Posts
im working business as usual for the moment, had 3 accounts shut down for the next 2 weeks and probably have to have some more extreme distancing for customers who frequent my truck but hey im making money so its all good for now

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm essential so in the office every day. My 35 mile 1hour15 commute is now taking 35-40 so I cant complain.

Also posted my house as coming soon and went under contract almost instantly. Didnt think itd happen that fast with people being cautious.

·
Super Moderator
11,284 Posts
HOW much is an LSA now I assume donor car rebuilt or ? Does it fit well.?
Not a full LSA engine. Only the Supercharger using adapters onto my LS1.

I will say that while still cheaper than most of the purpose made bolt on kits LSA superchargers are cheaper but not as cheap as they were 2 years ago.

It doesn't fit a C5 well at all. You have to cut part of the cowl away.

But the next best thing in the positive displacement world would be a TVS 2300 blower and they start at 7500 dollars plus extras and tuning.

I think I can do the LSA tuned and running with fuel system for less than 5k.

There are Centrifugal kits out there for around 5 grand but after owning centrifugals in the past I want to try a PD setup.

·
Worthless Staff Mbr
55,737 Posts
I bought a 24 pack of .375ml cans of red wine at half off, fit 3/4 in my pannier on my bike and the rest in my backpack. This lockdown shit is expensive.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts