LS1GTO.com Forums banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #122 (Edited)
Well, it is going the other direction. I have sold a bunch of car parts in the past few days, parts I've had literally for sale for YEARS. A guy came tonight to buy an El Camino tailgate and ended up buying a bumper, a hood latch and the tailgate he originally came after. He may be back for the El Camino door I have lying around. I threw in some tailgate hinges since he didn't dicker on the price. My prices are pretty reasonable anyway. I sold an old OEM brass radiator for a Chevelle on ebay last week. So far I've netted over $500 I wasn't expecting to have come my way.

However, due to the CV-19 world we are living in, the cash he gave me tonight is sitting out in the garage in quarantine for a few days. I do hope he comes back for the door, it would be nice to get rid of a few more bulky things around here. You know, so I can buy a few more bulky things to have around here.

·
Worthless reject member
39,958 Posts
spray that cash with some quarternary ammonium compound stuff, like lysol. soak it. it will destroy that coronavirus crap.

actually a lot of things will. like soap. or hydrogen peroxide. bleach. with varying times needed for exposure and varying effectiveness, granted...

that lipid membrane ain't crap. good thing it ain't something nasty like rotavirus.

·
Super Moderator
11,960 Posts
Just spent 5 hundo on HPTuners and me Wideband. I didn't really want to but I can't keep spending 5 hundo at my tuners place for every large change.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Working on cars is a good way to pass the time. Just replaced my wife's 2015 Chevy Cruze LTZ headlights with new ones. Did a brake bleed on our 2003 Toyota Sequoia today. Going to do 2005 brake upgrade on my GTO next.

Hope this ends soon. I have $70 burning a hole in my wallet since this all started. LOL 😂🔥

·
Jimmy Rustler
9,774 Posts

pretty much finished now... kind of a before after thing here. Next up, restain the house!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,960 Posts
Great looking place injun.

We have to stain at least half of our house this year too!

Not looking forward to it at all.

·
Super Moderator
11,960 Posts
Love those steps you put in.

·
Registered
868 Posts
All non-essential purchases have been put on hold though just happened to get a house worth of vinyl flooring so this self-shelter thing is making me do it.
Still debating on finally getting my ar15 build kit - the hobby toy could be an essential if things don’t turn up.
2.5 months later:
1,000 SF of vinyl flooring is done
Rifle build is done
R/R LT1 in my b-body is done
GTO is about ready to come off non-op.
next up: 2nd gen Camaro LT1 swap

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
527 Posts
The childcare center my wife works at closed in March and won't re-open until September. She's enjoying have the time off, taking an on-line course at the college, cleaning everything around the house (she just started cleaning the grout in the master bathroom floor tiles), doing little projects she didn't have time for, helping the youngest with his on-line schoolwork, etc. My LS3 swap project is done, next up are a couple repairs on my wife's van.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts