LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Desu?
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had about enough of my coworker and his swearing up and down that not only the "new edge" mustangs would hang even with me, bit the new mustangs would totally dominate my 04. No matter what I say, he acys like that mustang is the fastest thing on Earth, and was touched by the Hand of God!

Anyway, So i am thinking about some mods and thats were you come in... I'm thinking: Cam, longtubes, Fast Intake and TB, and Tune. Any suggestions? Any guesses at what I will be looking at power wise? Any help would be great!!! RANT OVER.

P.S: I already figured heads, but I will have only about 5k.

·
The Situation
3,358 Posts
for $5 k you can get everything you listed and a dyno tune as long as you do all of the labor yourself. I would just get a wetshot and tell your coworker to go find a mudstain to race

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
why don't you just race a mustang and beat it? WITH the guy in your passengers seat so you can say you beat the mustang and you had a fat ass in your car.

·
Desu?
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He has been with me while racing, and for some reason every ford i race "guy doesn't know how to drive" "I it were me, you wouldn't have a chance" etc,etc,etc...

·
Kahuna Bill
726 Posts
I think he is just trying to get your............goat.:)
Who cares what people think.....the proof is where the rubber meets the road.
And hell, we all think our favorite cars are the best....otherwise, wht do you think we join car clubs, have car foums...etc.

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
get some headers and an exhaust then race a rustang.....see how embaressed he will look

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
There are no stupid questions... just stupid people.

Seriously though. depending on the size of the cam and which heads you could be anywhere from 400-450rwhp.

And yeah... you would probably take him with much less than that!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Not to be a mustang boy here, but...

04 GTOs have 40 rwhp more than Mustang GTs, but Mustangs are also 300 lbs lighter than GTOs. That's pretty damn close.

All I'm saying is, don't race a Mustang with a passenger in your car because you may very well lose. Don't underestimate.

You should prefer to race from a roll because Mustang GTs have solid rear axle.

·
IKSWHTASOL
2,223 Posts
Be careful, those new Mustangs are so fast you have to ship them to Germany to run them at full throttle. :gr_jest:

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Church said:
I have had about enough of my coworker and his swearing up and down that not only the "new edge" mustangs would hang even with me, bit the new mustangs would totally dominate my 04. No matter what I say, he acys like that mustang is the fastest thing on Earth, and was touched by the Hand of God!
Sounds like he doesn't own a Mustang. He's just ignorant and opinionated. I'd just let him talk out his butt, like you said he blames the driver if you win so what's the point? Hang out with someone less ignorant :)

·
What??? Next!!!
50 Posts
Got a guy where I work , that goes on sometime like this, never talks my car down to my face. His mustang is faster than my stock '06 GTO, But his a '03 SVT w/pulley, ehaust, 125 shot, and has run [email protected] (weight is about 3900lbs.) with him in it. He claims he should be running hi-10's????:bs: ????
Mine (stock) has gone best of so far [email protected](weight 3960lbs.)with me in it, half a tank of fuel. Got a plan though.
Anyway, you better watch which stangs your going after, and I am about as anti-ford as you can get!!!

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Braz'in06 said:
Got a guy where I work , that goes on sometime like this, never talks my car down to my face. His mustang is faster than my stock '06 GTO, But his a '03 SVT w/pulley, ehaust, 125 shot, and has run [email protected] (weight is about 3900lbs.) with him in it. He claims he should be running hi-10's????:bs: ????
Mine (stock) has gone best of so far [email protected](weight 3960lbs.)with me in it, half a tank of fuel. Got a plan though.
Anyway, you better watch which stangs your going after, and I am about as anti-ford as you can get!!!
He should be running high 10s with 127mph traps. I should have been running mid -high 10s with my 130mph traps... But getting the car to 60ft is the problem.

·
What A Rush..
916 Posts
I ran against a 2005 Saleen at the Pinks Taping a few weeks ago and he only ran a 13.22 @ 107. This is a supercharged Mustang not a GT. I only got three runs that day and it was my slowest run unfortunately @ 13.61 @ 104 He didn't beat me my much with just exhaust, CAI and a tune. So much for a $50,000 car.

Here is the video: http://media.putfile.com/Trix-races-a-new-Saleen

I have beaten 2 05-06 GT's on the street by several car lengths. They aren't that fast stock. Get a tune and some LT and it won't be a problem.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Welcome to the world of mudstane owners. They all think they are the best thing on the planet. Not to say that some are not fast. Just never wanted to own a stang, nore a Ford.

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
Venom said:
Not to be a mustang boy here, but...

04 GTOs have 40 rwhp more than Mustang GTs, but Mustangs are also 300 lbs lighter than GTOs. That's pretty damn close.

All I'm saying is, don't race a Mustang with a passenger in your car because you may very well lose. Don't underestimate.

You should prefer to race from a roll because Mustang GTs have solid rear axle.
We have 40RWHP more than a Mustang has at the engine. They have 265HP at the engine and most dyno around 230RWHP and I've seen some as low as 215RWHP. A New Edge Mustang is no competition for any GTO.

·
Gone but not forgotten
3,699 Posts
I wouldn't let that prick sit in my car. But, a stock 04 and a stock GT could be a drivers race. As for the Saleen, I embarassed one today. From a roll in first I spun bad, he didn't. By the time I was through 2nd, I was a car length ahead of him. At the next stop he wouldn't even look at me. Typical Fucstain owner.

·
Maggie Powered
327 Posts
When i first got my gto and my bother in law got a 05 rustang gt he had to have it dyno tuned and still could not get by my bone stock 05 a4

·
Desu?
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks guys. I feel better, and any specific cam to look out for? I have decided that i want to just cam the gto for now, and do pacesetters(sp?) work ok?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts