LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found it! The perfect look for my '05, LS2 powered GTO.

This is an HSV Coupe 4. Notice the nice wheel arch treatment and the lower profile rear spoiler. MUCH SLEEKER. I also think the front end looks sleeker without the Pontiac split grille. This car actually looks GOOD in silver!

Hopefully, Pontiac will have the good sense to offer hood scoops as an OPTION, since I think scoops will mess up the clean lines.

This photo reminds me of a BMW M3. I love it! :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I like the wheel flares too. The small flares add a little character to the side view.

·
Resident Sheriff
4,691 Posts
Now thats a good looking car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
761 Posts
Lol, don't be sorry, the coupe 4 gets me all excited too, I have big plans! Not as much the looks as the awd car itself tho, Imagine dropping in about 800HP into that AWD BEAST! All that power... All that traction...

Adam

·
Registered
464 Posts
I would love it if we could get the flares, I feel like when I got my GTX, and the G8 the proto type GP was out. And I like the spoiler too.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
An awd GTO??? Please................................say it ain't so!

·
Registered
761 Posts
READYtoROCK said:
An awd GTO??? Please................................say it ain't so!
It's not so, its clearly not a GTO.
I don't know what youd have against AWD, having loads of power and spinning your wheels is all fun for one weekend, but driving like a grandma in snow and rain and having any awd rice WHOOOP your ass is plain embasrrasing.

Holdens crosstrac is 60-somthing % rear bias so it still has rwd characteristics. Yes its heavier so theres the downside, the upside is u can put as much power on it as you want.

A car has 4 wheels, why shouldnt it share the traction, that makes good sence:)

Adam

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
White Rider said:
I don't know what youd have against AWD.........
I am not against awd..................in general. I am just against it for a GTO.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
White Rider said:
driving like a grandma in snow and rain and having any awd rice WHOOOP your ass is plain embasrrasing.
Btw Adam, if any idiot wants to "whoop my ass" in the snow and rain let them end up in the ditch. :D

Most of the vehicles that I see in ditches during and after a fresh snowfall are yahoo rednecks in 4 x 4 's that think they are indestructable. :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Btw Adam, if any idiot wants to "whoop my ass" in the snow and rain let them end up in the ditch.
Point taken however a wrx sti will beat a gto off the line only coz of traction even in the dry. At least till 60mph which in reality is the speed range most people use their cars on the street most of the time.

am not against awd..................in general. I am just against it for a GTO.
Would you be against an awd gto if the old gto's had awd?

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
READYtoROCK said:
Most of the vehicles that I see in ditches during and after a fresh snowfall are yahoo rednecks in 4 x 4 's that think they are indestructable. :)
Amen and Halleluya, brother. These dweebs think 4WD means 8 wheel brakes. How about all the retreads who pile up their cars on the first snowfall of the year? Does "Snow=Slippery" only reside in short-term memory? :confused:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Speaking for Australia and in particular NSW, the only place where you get snow on roads is the snowy mountains and possibly tasmania? Most of the very few people who experience driving on snow in oz are the ones who go to the ski fields. Even then its only less than 20 days here and there and only on a 10km or so stretch of road. Due to driver inexperience the nat. park authorities make everyone who runs a 2wd car put on snow chains even at the slightest hint of snow on the road, it can be 90% bitumen but yet snow chains must be fitted. Hence the lower elevated snow chain fitment bays are usually devoid of snow anyway and are usually just dirty wet soil in the freezing cold at 7am in the morning that u got to get on to fit these chains- at best itll be sloshy dirty snow.

4WD's, AWD's are exempt from chains, though who knows, that rule was imposed at a time where people with offroad experience owned 4WD's and now just about everyone has one, I suspect the snow chain rule is as much to keep peoples speed down as it is for traction. Who knows if the rule will change. I think VIC has a snowchain rule across the board.

I don't think I really have a POINT to this but I thought I might paint the picture of what its like here in relation to snow. It's about time Oz produced awd cars for snow and dirt tracks (of which there are many)

Adam

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
We will not see any AWD GTOs here anytime soon, the AWD system the car uses can't be used on right-hand drive cars because of clearance and fitment issues.

As for this HSV Coupe 4 body kit, it's simply not my thing...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts