·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah - we figured that out after I posted - thats why I deleted it. Didn't want to be spread false info.

But I am sure we will see this picture some more.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wheels are different also.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Other then THAT Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
44 Posts
If anyone cares to post back to that forum, those pictures are actually of a Monaro in Australia that was stolen by a 16 year old that lost control at big speed. Seems the cops turned around to chase and he floored it and crashed at 90-100 mph. Needless to say, he did not go to jail...

I cannot seem to track it down at the moment, but it is a many page thread from a while back on ls1.com.au.

·
Registered
362 Posts
yeah its a monaro as scott said. Case was thief crashed it into a tree at 200km/h, or 130 miles/hr?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Probably found the one tree in Australia and hit it. Just kidding Oz viewers, I would love to see your country, the plane ride has to suck though.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Hey it's only 15 hours from LA. Piece of cake.
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I wonder if he swerved to avoid a 'roo. Or maybe two squirles doing a TV ad for an insurance company ;)

·
Registered
244 Posts
We don't have squirrels - only possums!!

The roo is a problem but hitting a wombat (similar to a 4 gallon drum of concrete on 4 pegs) is another matter - these animals do SERIOUS damage - have been known to rip the bottom out of a car.

Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Holy smokes, that is the first time I have seen the crash scene pics. I only saw pics of the car on the recovery vehicle, and it looked bad enough there. That is about as disturbing of a set of pics as I have seen in a long time. Thanks for digging that up for us.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I actually remember the thread with the 16yo kid and the monaro. Qute disturbing discussion. I know the kid was in the wrong but the way he was blasted in the discussions was a little too much for me. RIP.

·
Registered
44 Posts
monaroCountry, I remember that as well. Sure wish I could find it. Mysterious how it is completely missing now. Anyway, I did not participate in the heated discussion, but am silently on the side of 'he got what he deserved'. I do feel sorry for the cops, rescue crew, friends and family of said thief. You can bet that as the months and years go by, they will all remain affected by this in some way. I know I am just by looking at the crash scene pics...

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
scottknight said:
monaroCountry, I remember that as well. Sure wish I could find it. Mysterious how it is completely missing now. Anyway, I did not participate in the heated discussion, but am silently on the side of 'he got what he deserved'. I do feel sorry for the cops, rescue crew, friends and family of said thief. You can bet that as the months and years go by, they will all remain affected by this in some way. I know I am just by looking at the crash scene pics...
As someone who deals with accidents in my profession, they can definately have a lasting effect on all those involved. I am sure those of you in the public safety sector will agree, some of these accidents we cover give you a real wakeup call. You realize that life is extremely precious and can be taken from you in an instant, whether by someone's stupidity and or by accident. I think we can all agree to give our loved ones an extra hug and really appreciate what we have, because it can be snatched from us in a heartbeat.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts