LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Greg, the hood looks awesome man. It fits to your car good. I definetly have to see it in person.

Tom

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hand Fabricated Hood. Paint will be laid down with in the next two days for sure. Look for the car at the Good-guys show this weekend.

·
SPEED THRILLS!!!!!
68 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Looks nice , Can't wait to see it painted.
I like what you did to the upper grill.

What about the washer nozzles ? Do you plan on using them?

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hood has been under construction for some time. Day after I received the car I purchased a stock hood from a pontiac dealership. My body man has over 70 hours into this hood. Money wise, it is costing me an arm and a leg. He says if there is enough demand for these hoods he will make a fiberglass/carbon fiber mold to make these hoods.
The nozzles for the wiper fluid are being discussed tonight. I am really debating whether or not I want to put them in.
Lastly, the upper grilles and lower grille have been chromed. As you can see there are no GTO letters in the grille.
p.s. The hood is still not finished, and I am not talking about just paint and washer nozzles.

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No cage, I think you are looking at the window and door frame.

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Billy,

Let me know about the cost of the hood. I'm very interested.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I don't care for it, but that may be because it isn't painted yet.It looks too "Import" like with a black hood. :D

·
Disaster
339 Posts
I'm having mixed feelings on that hood. Kudos to you for getting one already, but i'm not sure if I like how small the openings are. I don't know. Guess I'm just used to looking at Trans Am hoods. Its hard to look at any others hoods w/o comparing it to one of those. But it may look alot better painted :D Keep us posted :thumbs:

·
Registered
68 Posts
bronko91 said:
That is a GTO hood!!!! Now we just need a hood tach......

I am very interested in the price. The boss has already approved a hood /tach.

I don't understand this obsession with retro. It looks great on the '05 Mustang, but the GTO has its own appeal to me. Clean and elegant.

That said, the hood scoops look better than I would have expected -- it looks very, very well done. If they offer scoops on the '05, though, I hope it is an option because I don't want to pay for something I don't want anyway.

It's good to see people personalizing their GTOs, though. The blend of the old with the new really came out well on this hood.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts