LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
10 Second Club
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wait for this event every year because it is for me one of the most fun events I get to go to and the people I have met and get to meet are always top notch..
The goal as always is to hit a P/B and I was shooting for 9's this year with Hardcore....
Well I actually lined up next to Hardcore and thought we would make it interesting for our first pass and I have to say the Track bit hard and that was all it took to brake an axle.... Believe it or not my first thought was Ohh No I am the guy that just messed up the track for everyone else right out of the gate.. But luckly it was just an axle and no mess.. The track guys were Super great even cutting up with me while hooking up the car to pull it back out of the way... His last words were now go get it fixed so I can see this thing run!!!

Hardcore helped me push it back to our spot

We bring extra axles with us so I figured no big deal right swap one out and back in bussiness.. Well while I am swapping out the axle one of the other guys around ( and I didn't catch his name ) noticed a fuel leak... I have my return line run threw the end of where the control arm hard mounts to the car and it must have crushed the SS Teflon line and caused the leak...
I thought long and hard about fixing it but wasn't sure I could do it safely so Decided to leave it alone and fix it at home...
In the process of all of this I had A lot of the guys come and ask if there were anything they could do to help or anything I needed.. Frank and Travis offered any parts or tools they might have in their trailers to help me fix my car and get it back racing again was no problem....

I guess the reason for this long write up is to just say thanks and I appreciate what a great bunch of guys we have with GTO owners and fellow racers that always want to help a fellow racer out!!!

Thanks to everyone for offering so much support !!!!

·
Premium Member
4,747 Posts
Sucks breaking the axel, but think what could have happend if the axel never broke and the gas leak was never found until it got bad, funny how things work out

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Sorry for the misfortune man, I wondered why your car was on the trailer so early, Just glad the damage was caught before it got to be a danger to you. Hope it all goes well from here forward.
Your notes speak to the reason that so many of us make the ECS race, that Travis puts super effort into, a repeat success every year.
Looking forward to seeing everybody back again next time.
Thanks to Travis and Stephanie, and the Generous Sponsors for their contributions and Support for making this little event very important in the minds of the racers that make the trip.
Race Safe Y`all !

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Feel fortunate nothing else happened. I love the car and always follow your progress. You'll be back better then ever once you fix the weak links.

·
Was Here
739 Posts
We bring extra axles with us so I figured no big deal right swap one out and back in bussiness.. Well while I am swapping out the axle one of the other guys around ( and I didn't catch his name ) noticed a fuel leak... I have my return line run threw the end of where the control arm hard mounts to the car and it must have crushed the SS Teflon line and caused the leak...
I thought long and hard about fixing it but wasn't sure I could do it safely so Decided to leave it alone and fix it at home...
In the process of all of this I had A lot of the guys come and ask if there were anything they could do to help or anything I needed.. Frank and Travis offered any parts or tools they might have in their trailers to help me fix my car and get it back racing again was no problem....

I guess the reason for this long write up is to just say thanks and I appreciate what a great bunch of guys we have with GTO owners and fellow racers that always want to help a fellow racer out!!!

Thanks to everyone for offering so much support !!!!
Hey Mike, yeah that was me that pointed out your fuel leak. I hate crap like that as I tend to find the worst in just about any situation.

I had a good time while there and would like to thank all of the sponsers and Travis for putting this all together.

-Don

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Plum, I'm sorry about your luck. It was GREAT meeting you and Hardcore Friday when we got to the hotel. I was really looking forward to seeing your car run too! Next year brother!!

·
10 Second Club
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to hear your car broke, you and hardcore are always the best to watch.
Thanks and that means a lot..

Sucks breaking the axel, but think what could have happend if the axel never broke and the gas leak was never found until it got bad, funny how things work out
I agree could have been much worse!!

Little bit of divine intervention if you believe in that sort of thing..
Yep thats why fixing a fuel leak like I had at the track wasn't going to happen for me!!!
Sorry for the misfortune man, I wondered why your car was on the trailer so early, Just glad the damage was caught before it got to be a danger to you. Hope it all goes well from here forward.
Your notes speak to the reason that so many of us make the ECS race, that Travis puts super effort into, a repeat success every year.
Looking forward to seeing everybody back again next time.
Thanks to Travis and Stephanie, and the Generous Sponsors for their contributions and Support for making this little event very important in the minds of the racers that make the trip.
Race Safe Y`all !
You are very right and it is always worth the trip even with breaking this time!!
Feel fortunate nothing else happened. I love the car and always follow your progress. You'll be back better then ever once you fix the weak links.
I do feel very fortunate ( think Hardcore was more upset about it than Me) Thanks and that is the plan
Hey Mike, yeah that was me that pointed out your fuel leak. I hate crap like that as I tend to find the worst in just about any situation.

I had a good time while there and would like to thank all of the sponsers and Travis for putting this all together.

-Don
Thanks again and it wasn't the worst not catching it would have been!!

Plum, I'm sorry about your luck. It was GREAT meeting you and Hardcore Friday when we got to the hotel. I was really looking forward to seeing your car run too! Next year brother!!
Good meeting you also and maybe if I can make it all the way down the track we will be pretty close next time That is if you keep it on the street tune :ninja:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts