LS1GTO Forums banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts
Yea, I was more or less referring to that "guy". I don't like Potato salad.

You guys this is nothing new. I have owned many "late model" Camaros and Firebirds and when me and my friends who also owned 3rd and 4th gens would go to car shows you would always hear, "Whats this new car doing here? You can go to the dealer and buy one of these." (a guy at a show actually said this about my '88 GTA and I think the current model year was 97 or 98 :confused:) Or You hear "Thats not a real Pontiac because it has a chevy engine." Etc etc, so its nothing new. For a lot of folks anything built after the muscle car era ended is just not the same. They are right to a degree these new cars aren't the same as the originals but they do follow the same formula, American car, high HP V8, rear wheel drive, obnoxious exhaust note, lots of tire smoke that's what bridges the gap in my mind.

Real Cars Production Ended with the Model T

I can pull into a harbor with a 23' runabout and get help tying up from the owners of a 50' yacht. I go to a car event and am looked down upon because my car is too new? This isn't a grey area. Wrong is wrong.

You have convinced me to sell my 04 and buy a Model T because production of real cars ended with the introduction of colors other than black. :huh:

Thanatos said:
Yeah I don't like potato salad either, or anything else with mayonaise for that matter. :barf:
Mayo actually makes me sick! So I do this too :barf:

No sir! Mayo as most salad dressings, and other stuff along that line make me toss my cookies!

Ron "tater-Salad" White....Who was wrongfully arested.. It seems that they were pulling over everybody that was driving down that particular sidewalk on that day...

Logos aren't changed overnight. The "Decade of Performance" logo has been around a long time. Now that new members with 2004 & 2005 GTOs are part of the club (and we are) then find the club president and ask for a logo change to reflect all GTOs. You belong to the club so voice your views. It probably is time for a change. Have fun at the meet but don't let a decision made 15 years ago to spoil it.

Thanatos said:
:wall: ...guilty... :wall:

So what day do most of you plan on making it into town?
We got here about 2:30 this afternoon....

I can tell you without question that the GTOAA in many ways is backwards and not keeping in touch with its membership. This 2004-2005 stepchild treatment is only part of it. I'm an officer of the Land of Enchantment GTO's chapter and we are adding 2004 and 2005 owners at a much higher rate than the classics. In fact, many of our classic owners own a 2004 or a 2005 in addition to their classic. Nearly all of our members that went to St. Louis this year drove their 2004's and 2005's and left the classics at home. I can tell you that at the chapter level most of the chapters have welcomed the New GTO owners with open arms. Our chapter has good relationships with Golden Gate (SanFran, CA), Cactus GTO's (Phoenix & Tucson), and Woodward (Detroit, MI) and most of those guys are right on board with the new GTO. You guys are welcome in the GTOAA community and should never feel like outcasts. Do what our guys do if one of these closed-minded old-school purisists starts giving you a hard time about your New GTO -- ask if he's ever driven one, the answer will probably be "No" at which point you can end the conversation because he is clearly talking out his rear end ....

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.