LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Got Torque?
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loudmouth exauset intsalled today it sounds really good got a deep low growl to it and as its name it is loud! One slight problem I noticed its not hanging corectrly and we have to work on it tommrow and drop it back down the passanger side hanger is not in after the mufflers as the tips are allmost touching the bumper cover and me being stuipd touched the tips to see if I could move them well..... THEY ARE HOT :eek2: I should of knew that! Well see how it goes in the morning!

·
Future GTO owner
187 Posts
Are there any sound clips floating around?

BTW Nycro, I read your sig.....sorry about your loss. I'm sure "pops" is up there smiling nice and proud.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
OhGeez said:
Are there any sound clips floating around?

BTW Nycro, I read your sig.....sorry about your loss. I'm sure "pops" is up there smiling nice and proud.
Its good and loud when you get on it, at idle it sounds like stock. I found that the pipes shift slightly when they are heat cycled for the first time, after you go back and readjust everything they are fine from there out.

Like other people have had problems with my loudmouth would hit the tailshaft bushing over large bumps. Me and Lane put a loudmouth on his car; I pounded the heck out of the mufflers and intermediate pipe and he hasn't had problems with the tail shaft. I took mine back apart, it seams after the muffler is seated give it an extra couple hits with a mallet and make sure the intermidiate pipes are installed to the weld on the right muffler and you shouldn't have problems with the tailshaft; I havn't since.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
DUH! :D

I do have to take a pry bar to the tailpipes to adjust them occasionally.

Looking at it directly from the back, the passenger side tip likes to sit lower than the driver's side one, so a quick re-adjustment with the pry bar evens them out.

·
Got Torque?
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well we got it tonight seems we put the xpipe on backwords... :banghead: the xpipe looks the same on both sides but that slight differnce made the biggest differnce. So far no clearance problems any where. Had to adjust the tail pipes with the pry bar method :sneaky: . But otherwise I love it!

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
yes the X pipe can go on unpside down, when you put it up there you just see that the pipes are going in parrallel with the trans tunnel and the tailshaft is between the pipes.

pry bar method is the only way; SLP should have welded the tips to the pipe, is that asking for too much?

·
'05 GTO Nationals - St. Louis
116 Posts
GMH GTO said:
...pry bar method is the only way; SLP should have welded the tips to the pipe, is that asking for too much?
I, for one, am glad that they didn't. The tip alignment is one of the most important things about the exhaust to me, and if they hadn't gotten it right, I wouldn't have been happy with it. Hell, I'm still having problems getting it to clear the driveshaft when I hit bumps! God know what the tips would have looked like. :)

·
GM Parts Guy Will this fix it
1,102 Posts
Has anyone had a problem with their fuel guage? Mine has not worked since I have owned the car. I have the TBS on it. Gm does not have a fix for it yet. I've tried pulling the fuses but still did not work. How long does a guy have to wait for a fix? Maybe after running out of gas about 20 times a having to call roadside everytime, maybe they will figure it out. Can you say lemon law. Hey who knows they might buy it back and I can get a 05 with the 6.0. Ya thats it. (only in my dreams)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Scott said:
Has anyone had a problem with their fuel guage? Mine has not worked since I have owned the car. I have the TBS on it. Gm does not have a fix for it yet. I've tried pulling the fuses but still did not work. How long does a guy have to wait for a fix? Maybe after running out of gas about 20 times a having to call roadside everytime, maybe they will figure it out. Can you say lemon law. Hey who knows they might buy it back and I can get a 05 with the 6.0. Ya thats it. (only in my dreams)
we try to keep threads on topic. if you really want answers can you please start a new thread with your questions. or try running a search :)

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Scott said:
Thats a good attempt at derailing a thread, have you thought of taking your car into the service department? They arn't going to have a manufacture buy back or lemon law on a problem like you state.

TSBs don't fix cars all the time, even with a TSB you still have to perform a flow chart of inspections.

·
Got Torque?
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This post was discussing the loudmouth exsuast please post your question in your own thread. Im sure you would get more repleys towards your problems insted of derailing mine :slap:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
FYI, Most states run along the same lines with slight variances, but generally the problem you have has to be diagnosed, attempted repair, fixed and repeat this cycle at least 3 times for the EXACT same problem before the lemon can be brought into the picture.

Sounds like you haven't even had them attempt to fix or fix it once. Only a diagnosis. And I don't know if I agree that they don't have a "fix" for it. There is a problem somewhere. Replace what is driving the problem.

Fuel pressure sending unit? Regulator? electronics? Dash?

All can be easily replacable/fixable.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i would like to hear the other slp exhaust system, ive heard loudmouth systems on f-bods but i thnk gto would be different especialy with x-pipe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts