LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ELESTOO
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, after all of my drama and bitch sessions, I finally got all the peices to the puzzle and completed the install yesterday. First of all let me say, I let AZPS [read: Paid a fair price] install the GMM a few months back. I heard people complain about how tight it was in there, but never really felt their pain. With bloodied knuckels now, I can say that I do. The bottom allen-head bolt was a F$*#&*#^$ Bitch to get to and turn. The bolts need to be torqued down into the stalk then the nut torqued down as well. My shaft was loose a little and it allowed a but of fore and aft play. Well, after a healthy supply of Permatex Red and sweaty tools, I think it is on well now.

Here it is, before (note the knob height):

Here is after (again, notice the lower height):

I screwed on the knob as far as I could so it is very low.

·
RIP George...
2,163 Posts
Looks pretty good. My cue ball sits about the same height as yours. I really like it. Much more comfortable than the stock knob. Easier to grip too.

·
ELESTOO
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SlotCar said:
Glad you found nirvana. Did this help with any noise and chatter?
The shifter is completely and totally quiet now. No Shit. Silent.

·
Needs Directions
3,260 Posts
what threaded handle did you get? is that the one bob at PM offers?

·
ELESTOO
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ColdOnes said:
Where did you get the ball from ?
TWMPerformance.com
While I question the means of attachment (a threaded plastic adapter sleeve), the knob is nice. I first got the wrong threaded sleeve, then got the M16X1.5 sleeve and needed to make dremel tool "adjustments" to make it work/fit properly. You would think that it would be a direct application... No. The knob is pricey ($90) but really nice.

JohnF said:
what threaded handle did you get? is that the one bob at PM offers?
Yes and PM was a pleasure to deal with. I got it in 3 days.

·
burnout silver star award :)
2,166 Posts
looks good. you didnt get your trim panel reinstalled correctly though. see how it bows up in the middle and you can see the fastener? just give it a good tap it will go down.

·
ELESTOO
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Muff Daddy said:
looks good. you didnt get your trim panel reinstalled correctly though. see how it bows up in the middle and you can see the fastener? just give it a good tap it will go down.
Funny that you mention that. I saw the pics after posting and I went back out and fixed it. Nothing like a good close fisted pound to the console!
:drink:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wait until the sun hits that thing, hot is not enough to describe it. I keep a towel in my car so I can drive until the thing cools off. Once under way, it cools pretty quickly. I like my TWM knob too.

·
ChimChim is in the HD's trunk
4,966 Posts
I helped install a threaded shaft on a GMM this past weekend and it's a nice piece. The only complaint I have about it is that the location where you cable tie the boot on needs to be much larger. If that ring area was as big as the grooved area on the stock shifter knob, the boot would lay and look much nicer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts