LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was TOO sweet...

Three lane road, I'm in the far left lane, approaching the next stop light. At the light, it is me far left, convertible Mustang GT with three adult male passengers to my right, and to his right is some kind of yellow "super ricer". Behind the ricer is some guy on a motorcycle.

Me and the Mustang driver are talking when the ricer and the biker start revving their engines. I hear one Mustang passenger say, "Smoke his ass" and the light turns green.

I'm not sure who's ass is supposed to get smoked, but it isn't going to be mine. I ease off the line to make sure I don't wheel spin in 1st. This gives the Mustang and the ricer a car length lead. They're neck and neck and the biker is tailgating the ricer.

I bark 2nd and close the gap. I bark 3rd and overtake. I pull hard into 4th and FLORIT and leave them all behind. I hear the 80mph overspeed go off, but I ignore it. I see in my rearview the ricer overtaking the Mustang and the biker trying to move into the opening I've made.

Too late. I have all three in my rearview, so I figure my point is made. I shut down, move to the middle lane, and the whole group does a "fly by" and keeps going. I make a right onto the Interstate and head home, happy as a clam.

I think that's what they mean by "clam drivers." :D

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Sweet Kill(s)!!! I think everybody in my town knows the deal. Just like everybody else on this forum, I mind my own business. All I get is the usual double takes and long stares. Or if I'm at a stop light I'll get somebody roll down the window to tell me they love my ride.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
FLORIT said:
convertible Mustang GT with three adult male passengers
Not good odds on beating anything with that much extra weight. Choose your battles wisely!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Great job Florit!!!

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JayStew said:
Not good odds on beating anything with that much extra weight. Choose your battles wisely!
Ah, you have a good point. I've killed enough 4.6L Mustang GT's to know they are no competition. And believe me, I know that biker would have SMOKED ME if he had chosen to "thread the needle" to get around. But this battle was seemingly thrust upon me and I "did what I had to do" for the sake of GTO's everywhere. :D

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
people are stupid. why on earth would you pick a race with a guy whos license plate is "FLORIT" and whose car looks like yours. just seems silly to me. but i guess some peole enjoy having their butts handed to them

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
people are stupid. why on earth would you pick a race with a guy whos license plate is "FLORIT" and whose car looks like yours. just seems silly to me. but i guess some peole enjoy having their butts handed to them
I guess my new tag is going to take some of the guess work out for others trying to line up!

:hail: "1FSTGTO"

By the way-Good Kills!!!

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
Imagine if he changed his license plate to "IMSLOW".

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
TprGTO said:
Imagine if he changed his license plate to "IMSLOW".
THAT would be FUNNY! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts