LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ಠ_ಠ
34,563 Posts
probably an another chinese knockoff.

seriously, people, stop buying this crap. pony up for a nick williams. save up for real headers. don't build rear ends with parts from brand names like "maximizer" with logos made in MS paint.

·
GR-RRR!
4,288 Posts
And you can get the same damn TB on ebay for $98. That in itself should tell you something.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
990 Posts

seriously, people, stop buying this crap. pony up for a nick williams. save up for real headers. don't build rear ends with parts from brand names like "maximizer" with logos made in MS paint.
But it's Top Street! Free shipping, but only for USA orders...but Poorman motorsports and I'm better than a poor man!

·
Registered
138 Posts

Absolutely 0 issues with my ebay 102. Was easy to tune, runs great, responds great. NW has had tons of complaints and issues too, his shit ain't perfect.

·
ಠ_ಠ
34,563 Posts
Absolutely 0 issues with my ebay 102. Was easy to tune, runs great, responds great. NW has had tons of complaints and issues too, his shit ain't perfect.
i have no issues with the two NW's on my cars. :dunno:

and i'd rather support him than some goober in china ripping off people's designs.

·
Repeat LS3 Swapper
189 Posts
I had my time with china TBs (WARR Performance, DBC), and it just isn't worth the headache. Couldn't imagine a china DBW TB.

+1 on a Nick Williams for sure.

·
ಠ_ಠ
34,563 Posts
I wonder if we could report this crap and have all the Chinese headers, throttle bodies, and notsotruetracs held up in customs, indefinitely, just like with the bootleg techoi's.

·
GR-RRR!
4,288 Posts
I wonder if we could report this crap and have all the Chinese headers, throttle bodies, and notsotruetracs held up in customs, indefinitely, just like with the bootleg techoi's.
I'm surprised the company's whose IP has been stolen don't do so. Or maybe they have and the government just turns a blind eye to it all.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I won’t get into the details, but I’ve had a nick Williams. I had to send it back because the throttle shaft was machined incorrectly. He fixed it, but I wasn’t happy about it. I have a China 92 on mine now and my car drives flawlessly. I did have to change the return spring tension and port the iat hole. I would buy another one in a heart beat. But I don’t mind “fixing” something to save $300. But I’m a cheap-ass.

·
The battle of wits has begun.
2,278 Posts
I agree with Kfxguy. I don't mind a bit of DIY if it saves a decent amount of money. I have a Warr 92mm and it required some minor touch ups to function correctly too. But I'm not cheap, I'm just broke.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
DangerNoodle
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing