LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Don't know and no.

Spacers only typically work well on TB or Carb apps where a central unit is on top of the plenum/manifold. On our styles where it's rammed in as is, they don't make much of a difference that I've seen.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at the throttle body the other day and if there was a spacer I think there would be problems with the throttle cable. (wont be long enough)

So I guess it makes sense why no one has made them for the LS1.

·
Disaster
339 Posts
I know this has nothing to do with the LS1, but I put one one my old 1999 GMC Z71(new body) with the 5.3 in it. I personally didn't see any noticable gains in performance or economy. I think the are a waste of $100 for straight induction like the LS1 and the 5.3 truck engine. But like CMNTMXR57 said, I have heard that they work alot better with Carb engines, or where the TB in located ontop. As for LS1 TB spacer, if they even make one, nah.

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
The TB spacers tend to be pretty popular for trucks but not with performance cars. I got slightly better throttle response using one in an 8.1 Silverado but it wasn't a light and day different. The drawback to some of these is the design produces an annoying whistle. There are only a couple that are quick (like the new Power Tower).

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts