LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys.. quick question..on ls1tech.com.. they are talking about an ls1 to ls2 conversion. they are talking about a drive by wire throttle body.. do not think our TB have this feature.. am i correct ?

any thoughts about this conversion ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
You can always use an aftermarket throttle body, like the FAST units.. Same bolt pattern, available with a cable bellcrank.

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
The Corvette LS1 is DBW. I am sure a conversion could be done but you would need to run some wiring and program the PCM as well. I do miss the DBW from my Vettes, I felt that it was more responsive than the cable method.

·
Registered
262 Posts
There's two modules you'd need to acquire, related wiring harnesses, and of course reflashing the PCM as a 'vette ... Once that's done, I'm not sure your BCM, dash cluster and radio will still operate properly.. Sure is a lot easier to just get the right throttle body to begin with ;)

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Personally, with the occasional "freaking out" of the PCM's reported here, I'd be a little skeert to let it run my throttle. :eek2:

·
dozlert
1,951 Posts
Actually, the LS2 intake will fit on the LS1. Some may want to wait for that option. There is an article in Chevy High Performance mag discussing the LS1/LS2 part interchanges...specifically, the throttle body swap and use of Ls6 heads.

·
GM master tech
278 Posts
Would much rather have my foot actually open the throttle than the PCM. :rolleyes: Computers fail

·
GTO doctor
892 Posts
From what I've read, the LS2 intake offers very little over our LS6 intakes. You can always put a larger throttle body on the LS6 intake. There's also a couple of companies making adapters to fit our style throttle body on an LS2 intake. There's a lot of good info over at LS1tech.com on LS1 vs LS2 conversion.

·
Snapper Head
56 Posts
My Silverado had DBW and I hated it.... For me and I might be a Gump if I didn't have my heal resting and went over bumps it would bounce my throttle. I like the feedback from a cable because DBW felt too much like an arcade game....
Just my 2 cents (She took the rest!)

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
FYI, the LS2 intake WILL fit but the TB's are not interchangable. Different bolt patterns.

So until someone on the aftermarket comes up with a replacement, an intake swap won't work on an LS1/6.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts