LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also am having the bangging noise when shifting hard or dumping the clutch on take-off. I went to the dealer and he ordered the new bushings and bolt last week. Today he told me the bushings were on nationwide back order. Has anyone else heard this?

·
Sonoma Co. Goat Herd
358 Posts
Just had my car in the shop last Thursday for that mod, took them one week to get the parts in and an hour to install

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
A week and a half after I had mine done, the dealer called to ask how my car was doing and told me they did the fix on all of the cars at the lot - which has to be about a dozen.
Dan

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
One week for parts to arrive. Not sure how long it took them to install the fix because I didn't stay. Be advised, the parts fix the "thunk in the trunk" but NOT the wheel hop. I still have REAL BAD wheel hop if I don't slip the clutch a little in the 1-2 shift.

But before the fix, it was "THUNK! Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce". Now it's just "Bounce Bounce Bounce, etc."

·
Bonzai Baby
211 Posts
FLORIT said:
But before the fix, it was "THUNK! Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce". Now it's just "Bounce Bounce Bounce, etc."
Next time, it will be bounce bounce. And the next, bounce. After that, boun. And then, bo. And so on. Beleive me, I have experience in this!! :confused:

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Getting better!

FLORIT said:
One week for parts to arrive. Not sure how long it took them to install the fix because I didn't stay. Be advised, the parts fix the "thunk in the trunk" but NOT the wheel hop. I still have REAL BAD wheel hop if I don't slip the clutch a little in the 1-2 shift.

See! You're getting better at it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If mine wheelhops it's bang,bang,bang.... as long as you can stand it which isn't long cause I don't want to tear the car up .I hope you guys figure out how to stop the wheelhop (I know the bushings will stop the bang when I get them) cause the wheelhop will tear the rearend up if the wheels won't spin smoothly.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I dropped mine off today. They told me the parts should be in tomorow and gave me a rental. I'll call tomorow afternoon and see if they are in. I don't have a lot of faith though. Dealer did not leave me with a happy tingle in my belly...

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Wheelhop

billygoat said:
If mine wheelhops it's bang,bang,bang.... as long as you can stand it which isn't long cause I don't want to tear the car up .I hope you guys figure out how to stop the wheelhop (I know the bushings will stop the bang when I get them) cause the wheelhop will tear the rearend up if the wheels won't spin smoothly.
I'm thinking some higher durometer neoprene replacement bushings may help out here, but no one has a kit yet for this IFS.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
billygoat said:
I also am having the bangging noise when shifting hard or dumping the clutch on take-off. I went to the dealer and he ordered the new bushings and bolt last week. Today he told me the bushings were on nationwide back order. Has anyone else heard this?
My dealer said that when he ordered the fix for all three cars in his lot he was asked to delay ordering the parts until the cars were sold because there was a shortage. He ordered the parts anyway and received them in about a week.
:drink: :drink:

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Fixed...

I took mine in this morning and they installed the new cradle bushings and bolts.

It still seems to have a thunk but not nearly like it was before. I did not turn off the TC but will do that this afternoon and see if there is a difference.

Diggs

·
late owner of a 2004
701 Posts
If you dont have faith in your dealership, you need to fine one you can.... I checked out a couple other dealer around me...they wouldnt order the parts or do anything until they checked it out and if the decided I needed the part then they would order them.. I said screw that ,and call my dealer they ordered the parts last week for me, they said they should be in today. they are going to install them for me next week and check out the short throw shifter, i have for them to install.

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Oh yeah!!

Mucho bettero.

The little noise I heard when I drove away from the dealer must have been due to the bad road and a slight hop. I just did the "no TC" straight away launch and WOW!! 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Bark, bark, bark, bark. I thought I had a goat and it's really a dog (in a good way)!!!

Diggs

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Dropped the car off yesterday and was told the parts would be n today. They called me @ 2 this afternoon to tell me it was done. Unless they skimped on something, there is no "Nation wide backorder." Assume all is well unless I post otherwise..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pontiac customer relations just called me to see how I liked my gto. The guy I talked to was very nice and seemed to really interested in how I felt about the car. He ask a series of questions and the connected me with a service advisor who is going to check on the bushings and see if they can "speed things up" but said nothing about a national backorder. He will call me tomorrow night to let me know when to expect them. All in all I felt they wanted to be helpful and were interested in how they might improve the gto. I talked about the possiblity of an ls2,hood scoops,dual exhaust exits,oil&charging meters to be added. He said maybe an ls6 in the 05 ? I said you mean an ls2 and he didn't change his answer. Maybe the Judge?

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
exhaust noise?

Has anyone checked the verticle movement of the tail pipes.

I was looking at a GTO in the dealership and just for kicks I moved the tail pipes around. Side to side and down, no interference. When I lifted them up, it sounded like it was hitting something. Just something else to look at.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I recall a post where one of the people involved in racing insisted that the noise was exhaust related. Since the diff-bushing is a known fact, I suspect that there's more than one problem here.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
I can't lift my tailpipes and get them to make a banging noise - I've tried both before and after the 'thunk in the trunk' fix.
Dan

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
The "play" in the rear-most tail pipe bracket is talked about in this thread:

Update: A4 Exhaust Vibration

Mine had the "play" and the dealer fixed it for me, even though I was not experiencing and noises or other adverse effects.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts