·
Premium Member
374 Posts
That's gotta put a smile on your face

·
Seriously?
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
It does. Two more to prep and paint and then a massive suspension and brake parts swap.

·
Seriously?
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Took a little hiatus from this as I went on a long weekend back to NJ for a visit and some Chiefs Eagles action. My replacement front rotors are at the garage so I need to go pick them up tonight and if they are right, take them to the machine shop in the morning after work. I am hopefully gonna work on the front 2 calipers and if I don't get them painted, at least have them prepped and ready for paint. Then it will be trying to schedule a Friday or Monday off to give me a long weekend to install.

·
Seriously?
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Got the rotors machined yesterday, cost me $60. I opted to pay rather than attempt a DIY because I can't imagine having to do the brakes again anytime soon. Without having any kind of tool to open up the bores, I erred on the side of expertise. With those done and out of the way, I am going to try and get the front calipers painted this weekend. Hopefully my next post is pics of the painted calipers.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I'm not gonna act like I wasn't scared shitless that I was gonna ruin my rotors, but after having done it I won't hesitate on the next pair I end up needing. At the same time, I'd also gladly pay 60$ if I could get them back in a timely manner too though.

·
Seriously?
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Your video made it look easy, but my mind would have been like, you're gonna fuck it up! Don't do it! The machine shop did them same-day so no complaints. I'm so ready to get this job done.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Now I wish I'd stripped the crossover lines. Looks so much better.

·
Seriously?
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
The front 2 are the V calipers and those crossovers came painted silver like the calipers. The back 2 are the Camaro calipers that came untouched. I'd like to paint the Camaro crossovers but I hate to spend $12 on a can of paint for so little work. I have some silver wheel paint but I don't remember what its temp rating is. They do look better in silver.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,385 Posts

·
Seriously?
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
OEM+ look, I dig it.
@evsnova74 gets credit for the inspiration and doing it first. I was initially going to do the 05 brakes, but decided to take it a step further. Can't wait to see it on the car. I found my silver wheel spray paint an am going to shoot the rear caliper crossovers one day this week.

Reactions: evsnova74

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Weird, all the V calipers I got off Amazon were all painted solid, lines and all.

·
Seriously?
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Went to NAPA to check out their version of speed bleeders. When I looked online the vehicle info said these bleeders wouldn't work on the CTSv or Camaro Brembos. They are M10-1.0 x 33mm. I took one caliper with me to the store and compared the bleeders and test fit one. They fit perfectly. They come 2 to a pack and are $13.xx a pack. If you can't get Russell, Earls or another variant, these are a good option.

The 2 Camaro bleeders and 1 NAPA speed bleeder and the packaging...
Product Font Material property Technology Electronic device

Installed on the caliper...
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tire Bumper

Reactions: Glynn
41 - 54 of 54 Posts