LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
been sitting too long, Anyone remember this car?
Gforce 9", mini-tub, 11" wheel, cf shaft. had a 4l80 w/brake put in. Nasty.

Attachments

·
LS9 FTW
259 Posts
Nebo's old ride.

Wasn't it a TH400 (replaced the original T56) before you went to 4L80 now?

Glad to see updates for sure!

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nebo's old ride.

Wasn't it a TH400 (replaced the original T56) before you went to 4L80 now?

Glad to see updates for sure!
Yes Nebo's old ride. Cool dude!
drove it to vegas from oklahoma with the t56 in a day..that was fun. 1000+ miles yikes. then took it to arizona for a 4L80 swap. no th400 in between.
Top Gear put a paddle shifter steering wheel on it with the 2step on left paddle, trans brake on the right paddle. Trickest thing ever! So trick, it's beyond my capabilities😀 mvb makes it fun when you can't reach the shifter cuz yer nearly in the back seat at launch. 1-2 shift comes way too quick.

Reactions: badbar51501

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
speaking of drivetrain, stock drivetrain behind the 4L65 on the cgm at a hot T&T in vegas years ago. goatrun2016

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
felt bad for the guy in the ss, said he made 775whp on a brand new build. he went 10's for the 1st time on our 3rd run, but I still spanked with 10.7 no video though.

Reactions: badbar51501

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
only video of red car on the track is on photophucket and I haven't been on photo**** in years but it ran high 10's 0n widened 18's with trashed dr's in vegas heat. considering selling some of the parts from this car. Not sure of forum rules but I'll probably learn soon. I don't normally sell anything so pm me or something.. Lots of great stuff.

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quick laundry list of what I can remember..
jakes L2 4L80 mvb w/brake, line lock, 2 step
cf shaft to Gforce 9" and big axles, stubs and all that
Gforce modded arms, minitub, and other misc. fancy stuff back under there.
Harrop HTV-1900 has the stealth twin cogs on it.
pardon the messy bench

Attachments

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eh, why not? nuther one fer ya

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cgm needs a fuel pump, guess it sat too long or something. I need to get out in that 150* garage and pull the tank out I guess. Don't know if it's pump or relay or what, dunno. I'm a dummy.
This pump is aero 340, I think, walbro 255 before that. thinking dw300?

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
since I can't afford a c8, think I'll make this my road trip car. Sure does good at the strip with stock suspension and drivetrain. I'll detune a bit and go from there..

Attachments

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dang thing runs high 10's every time in vegas unless I fubar the launch, which is quite rare since changing tires.
Now you got me looking for tools to get my shit rocking again, dammit!!

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
got lucky and held 1st for a day in "top ten fastest grudge cars LV" true street class years ago. Fast cars, like 8 and 9 sec..either broke or didn't show up, so I called everone out asap..haaa.
Best competition was a procharged mustang, ran low 10's. ran him at least 3 times and beat him with the holeshot and a quicker 60' (1.5's and occasional 1.4''s) , margin at stripe was .006 running 1/8. He would've killed me in the 1/4. Ended up in 4th for the season..because fast guys came back,

Attachments

·
Registered Winner
7,312 Posts
only video of red car on the track is on photophucket and I haven't been on photo**** in years but it ran high 10's 0n widened 18's with trashed dr's in vegas heat. considering selling some of the parts from this car. Not sure of forum rules but I'll probably learn soon. I don't normally sell anything so pm me or something.. Lots of great stuff.
How much for the roller?

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dunno, but good question..was hoping to make this the fast car but ran out of money. haven't taken anything off or touched the car in years. Still hoping there's a chance..

·
Registered Winner
7,312 Posts
dunno, but good question..was hoping to make this the fast car but ran out of money. haven't taken anything off or touched the car in years. Still hoping there's a chance..
What motor is in it now?

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
original ls2 with cam. 60k miles. put 1k on it bringing it home and less than 1k since having the 4l80 installed, which happened soon after.
cgm got a forged motor after leaking a little coolant in the valley. KellyBluebaugh built the engine and Top Gear did trans and porting and all assembly. Both cars now have FTI 3200 convertors and they can make you quite light-headed at launch o_O

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
broke the new engine in on the dyno, then straight to the track. Thanks Sean and NicD. Was much fun!

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
made a bit over 600 but had to change pulley to 3.1 from 2.9 because of shredding so not sure what it makes now. runs hard though.
Had to put my fatass and my favorite mechanic in the trunk to get some traction on the dyno :LOL:

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cgm only has 24k on it with a couple hundred miles on new engine, I really need to get out more often..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts