LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
23 psi
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody in the Detroit area have any suggestions on where to go to get a good tint job? Any advice in general on window tinting? thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
That is something I would be interested in also.

Has anyone heard of "colored" tints? Someone was telling me he heard that you could get a tint job in a few different colors (like a blue tint).

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
I'm interested too! Detroit/saginaw/flint... wherever in eastern MI!

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
jbls1gto said:
Anybody in the Detroit area have any suggestions on where to go to get a good tint job? Any advice in general on window tinting? thanks for the help!
Michigan Glass Coatings Inc. I drove all the way from Cleveland to have Huper Optik tint put on my car. They did a fine job. Their car guy has been tinting for 20+ years.

READYtoROCK said:
That is something I would be interested in also.
Has anyone heard of "colored" tints? Someone was telling me he heard that you could get a tint job in a few different colors (like a blue tint).
Many states have banned colored, chrome or highly unusual tints.

·
23 psi
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mistermike said:
Michigan Glass Coatings Inc. I drove all the way from Cleveland to have Huper Optik tint put on my car. They did a fine job. Their car guy has been tinting for 20+ years.
Thanks for the heads up mistermike! Do you mind if I ask you what you got done and what they charged you?

Who knows the legal aspects of tinting in Michigan? I assume I can ask the MGC people, but who knows.

·
23 psi
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holeshot said:
I'm just now getting a chance to look into this. In Michigan...It seems that you can have any level of tint behind the b-pillar. Legally they don't want anything in front of the b-pillar...but most people I have asked say that as long as they can see you the cops won't bother you. I'm assuming that going with a light tint will be okay.

Any other Michiganders (ugh) have tinting advice?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I already have an appointment to have 35 tint put all the way around (except the windshield) on my car tomorrow. I'm curious about the areas where the black dots are. They told me that it looks funny not to tint those areas, but, the tint may not stick well to them and it could turn kind of a whitish color from the outside. Has anybody had this problem. How did they treat your black polkadot areas?

·
Registered
32 Posts
IndepGTO said:
I already have an appointment to have 35 tint put all the way around (except the windshield) on my car tomorrow. I'm curious about the areas where the black dots are. They told me that it looks funny not to tint those areas, but, the tint may not stick well to them and it could turn kind of a whitish color from the outside. Has anybody had this problem. How did they treat your black polkadot areas?

I got mine tinted 15% all around, black dots they didnt tint, same on my dads vette, i had them tint the dots on an old car and it didnt stick in certain spots and it did in others, id rather have it look a little weird then have bubbles

·
Registered
65 Posts
I highly recommend tint made by "3M". Have it professionally installed, save your receipt and registration card, and enjoy a LIFETIME-nationwide guarantee that covers replacement/labor against bubbling, peeling, delamination, or flaking. Mine cost approximately $100 back in February to get sides&back windows tinted to the Georgia maximum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts