LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it about the GTO and its stock tires? This thing is so sensitive to "flat spotting" while parked in my garage.

I don't drive the goat everyday so I leave the shifter in neutral and parking brake off. I then grab the goat's butt and push it forward about about 6-8 inches so it would rest on a different spot. The next day, I then just gently push on the hood and roll it back a little bit in the garage.

Anyone else do this?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Mine gets flat spots as well. I was off for a couple days and noticed it. I don't go through the pushing of the car back and forth, but I get what you are saying.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nope, drive mine everyday and every morning it feels like the tires are out of ballance for the first 5 miles or so.... these tires suck

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
desertgoat said:
What is it about the GTO and its stock tires? This thing is so sensitive to "flat spotting" while parked in my garage.

I don't drive the goat everyday so I leave the shifter in neutral and parking brake off. I then grab the goat's butt and push it forward about about 6-8 inches so it would rest on a different spot. The next day, I then just gently push on the hood and roll it back a little bit in the garage.

Anyone else do this?
No :confused: :rolleyes: but then I don't have a garage :(
nice pic BTW

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
Mine does it also... I can even feel it between the time it sits from lunch until leaving work to go home.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually I don't "feel" the flat spotting at all, but I can definitely see it sitting in my well lit garage. All four points are flat. I keep all tires inflated at 35 psi each.

Anyway, the garage is a little over 30 feet deep for each bay so I definitely have room to just "roll" it back and forth. I don't mind at all--gives me a reason to put my hands all over my girl. She likes it too, and when I do, she don't feel like the 3750 pound porker that she actually is.

LOLOLOL

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
i noticed there's something wrong with your picture. the car looks all right and i love your new GTO badges but the garage is way too clean :)

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Obsession

svede1212 said:
i noticed there's something wrong with your picture. the car looks all right and i love your new GTO badges but the garage is way too clean :)
You should see my garage. It is cleaner than most people's living rooms...
:gr_jest: :gr_jest:

1200 sq feet of pure testosterone heaven with wall to wall cabinets and 3, sometimes 4 cars parked inside. I spend most of my time at home in the garage. I have DSL internet connection and PC in there too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No, I always add 2-3 more psi's than what is recomended, do that to all my cars

·
ABENIGO
26 Posts
Alex said:
No, I always add 2-3 more psi's than what is recomended, do that to all my cars
42 psi in front 38 in back...such small tires though

·
duh
1,214 Posts

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Does anybody think the fact that the tires were inflated over 60 psi for / during shipping might have something to do with this? The sidewalls recommend 45 max.
Dan

·
Registered
42 Posts
Note on the sidewall of the tire...they have a nylon belt added for the speed rating and nylon flat spots.Thats the problem and to some degree we all have it.Mine goes away in a couple of miles.Have had this problem with all tires with a nylon belt added

1 - 19 of 19 Posts