LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Live for the Right Now!
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tire width can I get away with in the rear without rubbing? I hear that most peope are doing 245/40 in the front and 275/30 in the rear. Do 275's rub on the 2006 GTO? Also, how good is the wheel quality from Wheelmax? (AZA)

What is the optimal tire size and width for the GTO? (Street racing; no track)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
Top Shelf Performance on the left sells AZA wheels. He can fill you in on the specifics for the GTO but most/all will require fender rolling.

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ddawson said:
Top Shelf Performance on the left sells AZA wheels. He can fill you in on the specifics for the GTO but most/all will require fender rolling.
Ok. What about tire sizes? What is the widest size I can get away with without fender rolling?

What wheels do not require fender rolling?

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
xxvanquishxx said:
Ok. What about tire sizes? What is the widest size I can get away with without fender rolling?

What wheels do not require fender rolling?
It’s a crap shoot depending on how well your car is lined up.

I use CCW's with a small rub on the pass side. No big deal for me with 275/30/19 tires. Fronts are 19x8.5 with 245/35/19.

DriftR's come in 18 & 19x9.5 rears and guys use 275 sizes. Smaller tires like Toyos don't rub.

There are a few others like Iforged as well.

If you don't want rub use something smaller then 275's

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ddawson said:
It’s a crap shoot depending on how well your car is lined up.

I use CCW's with a small rub on the pass side. No big deal for me with 275/30/19 tires. Fronts are 19x8.5 with 245/35/19.

DriftR's come in 18 & 19x9.5 rears and guys use 275 sizes. Smaller tires like Toyos don't rub.

There are a few others like Iforged as well.

If you don't want rub use something smaller then 275's
Ok, so I should be able to get away with 245/35/18 or 19's for fronts and 265/30/18 or 19's for rear?

Lastly, what are the three top rated tires for street application and auto-cross?

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flashpoint said:
I have 235/35/19 front and 265/30/19 rear Toyo T1-R's on ROH drift R wheels without rub at all. The rears are 9" wide and the front are 8" wide. 52mm and 40mm respectively.

The wheels were on backorder the 9" wides and it is not known 100% if they are going to make any more :(
Thanks a lot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts