LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the occasional heavy foot from a dead stop, what kind of tire life can one expect? Will that white cloud behind me mean I'll soon be looking for tire/wheel upgrades?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I've done maybe 15-20 burnouts, a lot of barking starts etc and am approaching 10K miles. Looking at the tires there is a few more k's in them. I am budgeting about $600/year for them. I am behind budget........

:drink::drink:

·
Registered
56 Posts
jimzman said:
With the occasional heavy foot from a dead stop, what kind of tire life can one expect? Will that white cloud behind me mean I'll soon be looking for tire/wheel upgrades?
had to get a new set for the rear at 7500 miles :eek2:

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
wow heights. I have to take it easy. My annual gas budget for the goat is $2000! There's not additional room for tire $!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm about to replace all 4 at 20k.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
lively said:
you have 20k on your goat? WOW

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I've had KDWS before and even with the rock hard tread rating i've never gotten very long life out of them. If i hit 20k i'll be thrilled. I don't consider my driving style crazy but i run it hard so i'm not wishing for much. Not to mention at the goats weight and ok braking the tires have to work alot, especially up front.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HeightsGTO said:
had to get a new set for the rear at 7500 miles :eek2:
I'm guessing that you have lots of fun driving.

I'd be real happy with 15-20k, then again, my wife did just start working... :burnout: uhmmm.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tails said:
I've done maybe 15-20 burnouts, a lot of barking starts etc and am approaching 10K miles. Looking at the tires there is a few more k's in them. I am budgeting about $600/year for them. I am behind budget........

:drink::drink:
Must be that predator tune that threw your tire budget over. No matter, I'll be ordering mine soon.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Careful guys, they ain't cheap. I had to replace one (flat) and the cheapest I found it was $171. (x4 = $684) I asked if I could get road hazard on the other three on the vehicle and they said they were already too worn at 7500 miles. I'm not all that aggressive, one trip to the track and a few dozen burnouts.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lively said:
I'd be happy to reach 20k before replacing them.

It's been 19 days and I'm just about to turn 1k so I've got about 57 tanks of fuel to go.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I sold my stock tires with less than 5,000 miles on them, and the rears were half used up. Granted, I wasn't exactly gentle on them.

My new tires, however, the Toyo Proxes T1-S, now with 10,000 miles on them, are going to have to be replaced before I have the car inspected again in February. That's about $800.00 to get another inspection sticker. And it's not just the rears. The fronts are pretty worn, too. But with a treadwear rating of 100, what can I expect? Not much.

I liked the Toyos. They look great and they're pretty sticky. When new, I had trouble doing burnouts. (Not anymore.) The replacements are going to HAVE to last longer, so I'll be looking for an all-season "family car" tire in a 275/35/18 rear, 245/40/18 front. Any suggestions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts