LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Neighbor's son has a Honda Civic with a set of rims on it that are giving him trouble. He has a shimmy at highway speeds that has only come since the new rims were installed. He had a friend at a Honda dealer check the car out and the guy said he should remove the wheels and tires at once because the tires had "waves" on the inside. Now, they couldn't get the wheels off because the lugs take a special wrench that broke when they tried so they couldn't balance them or anything. The only thing I see is a bubble on the outer sidewall of one but can't see any waves or other issues but then again I didn't climb under the car. He wants to have a leg to stand on when he goes back to the guys he boght the wheels/tires from a few weeks ago-used. Right there kind of means he doesn't have much to go with because they were used but he wants to know what the Honda meant when he said "wave". The only thing I can think of is more bubbles on the inner sidewall. So, to prevent a long story from getting longer, has anyone heard of "waves" in tires?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
yes, most likely multiple broken cords in the tires. either they are cheap tires, badly abuses, defects, mounted wrong, or a combination of the other. what brand/tire are they?

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Sounds like bad tires, or even bad shocks/struts.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kuhmo's, I don't think it's shocks or struts because with the stock wheels on it rides fine with no vibration. Thanks for the responses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts