LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have upgraded to 18 or 19" rims, what kind of tires are you running. I am shopping now and want to see what kind of results you guys have had with different models

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
GoatHerder said:
For those who have upgraded to 18 or 19" rims, what kind of tires are you running. I am shopping now and want to see what kind of results you guys have had with different models
I'm running 265/30-19 Toyo Proxies on my 19x9.5 TSW Thruxtons (rear fenders rolled).

Cut a 1.744 60-foot with them (which is unprecedented on street tires). Very pleased with them, but I'll be switching out to 18's so I can run drag radials, either BFG's or Nittos.

Padre

·
Post Mortem
1,505 Posts
GoatHerder said:
Im running the same type rim and tire as PadreGTO but with a 245/40 18 and they ride better than you might expect from a 18" wheel .I really cant tell the difference from stock.Very smooth . Toyo Proxes 4

·
late owner of a 2004
701 Posts
I am running the stock size Toyo Proxies 4's and they are great at the track , I hooked up really well at the track and they do pretty good on the street

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Running Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires on my 19"s. They are a good ride and not too stiff. The ride you are going to get is all going to be based upon the quality of the tire. A cheap tire will give you a bumpy and stiff ride. A more expensive tire will give you the characteristics you are hoping for. You get what you pay for. i got these tires for the wear rating. A wear rating 400 A went with these tires. They are good for driving but not the greatest for road racing.

·
Registered
835 Posts
mine are 245x40x18 bridgestone potensa s03 pole position and they are very good on the street. I've done pretty poor at the track on my 60' times but I'm not sure if that is the tires or my crappy driving (m6). The only drawback to these is the 220 wear rating, I have 9000 miles on these tires and the back ones (now front) are bald. They are very good on the corners, on ramps, etc.

·
Post Mortem
1,505 Posts
heres a few pics.

GTOsoon said:
Have any pics?
Im not sure how these will come out , i keep getting an error saying too many KB. I havent quite figured out how to work the photo thing yet.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am using the save tires as BillyGoatGruff. The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S.
I am using them in 18" size (245x40x18). I got those in hopes of using
them in Winter also. I am near you in Michigan, so I assume you are interested in bad weather tires also, Unless you GTO is a good-weather-only driver.

CarGuy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts